Sunday, September 15, 2013

PUMPKIN PIE AND THE DUCKS


Posted by PicasaHere is my pie. Oh it is so so good. Hubby just hummed while having a piece last night(he actually had two pieces). I served it with whipped cream. I put a pint of heavy whipping cream and a little vanilla and a 1/4 cup of powered sugar in my stand mixer with the whip attachment and let it go till all is perfectly whipped. The powered sugar gives it a little more body and a bit of sweetness.

The chicken wings were huge! I should have taken a photo but we were anxious to eat. We had recorded the game and started watching it about three-thirty so we did not eat until halftime and we were famished. I salt and peppered whole wings with the tips clipped. Then dredged into flour and then dunked into beaten egg with a healthy dose of cholula then patted them with lot of panko mixed with a little italian bread crumbs. Fried them until golden and then put them in a 375 degree oven on a baking pan lined with parchment paper for a half hour to finish. They were so crispy and juicy on the inside, perfectly cooked. Hubby dunked his into Franks hot wing sauce and I drizzled more cholula over mine. That is as hot as I can have them. I served our salads on the same plate with extra blue cheese dressing so we both dunked into the dressing as well. It was a perfect meal to eat while finishing the game.

Well lets talk about the OREGON/TENNESSEE game shall we? I must say I was worried when the game first started and we looked like rookies. No one was doing anything that appeared like DUCK play to me. I thought what the hey? About the time Tennessee made a touchdown I was ready to have a stroke but then the Ducks settled in and turned into who they truly are a fine tuned machine of lightning fast players. After I could breathe again I surely enjoyed the rest of the game.
My husband and I are happy the DUCKS are not rated #1 as that is a hard spot to hold. A nice comfortable #2 is what we like. We would like to see the Ducks play Alabama for the BCS championship but everyone has a long way to go at this point. Next week we do not play it is a bye so a breather for the DUCKS(and me).

My honey is gone all day today. I like it when he is home on Sundays and we just hang out together and cook and watch a movie or this time of year football. I will miss his company today but he is so loaded with work and the jobs just keep coming. He is getting quite tired. So I do what I can to be supportive and make everything nice for him at home so he can relax and enjoy at the end of his day. For dinner tonight we are having left over stuffed green peppers. By the way they were delsih!

I really have no agenda today obviously as here it is almost ten AM and I have done nothing since making hubbies breakfast and lunch but read the paper and be here on the computer. But I will take a walk today in the gray(again)and of course tidy the house. 
I am going to do a little something special today. The big end table I have in the living room by my chair has a round glass top. 
I have a off white round table skirt that fits the table under the glass going to the floor. But I am going to fashion and new large square to go over that first table cloth. I have a tote of fabrics that I acquired while working in the design field. If I recall there is a piece of dusky green with an off white stripe. It is a quality piece, a moire and I think it will add something to the living room. I really am trying to initiate more green into my color scheme. I am also going to have my husband paint(when time allows) above the cabinets on the high vaulted side of our kitchen a green wall called guacamole. Then a couple new green kitchen rugs and that should tie that room together. Basically my color scheme for my entire house is one of rusty reds, golds, browns and blues. So they are primary colors but not clear true primaries. When we finally get new leather sofas I will purchase them in a rusty brown which will go nicely with the gold,sandy colored walls and the hardwood floors. So as I always say, plans and more plans. Well it certainly does keep my little brain busy.

I'm surprised as I am getting hungry now. I usually do not until about eleven or so. But I listen to my body so I think I will go to the kitchen and fix myself some scrambled eggs with diced tomatoes and fresh grated parmesan cheese. That sounds tasty right now with a large glass of OJ.
So off I go, you all have a nice Sunday.





  

No comments:

Post a Comment