Thursday, September 26, 2013

ROASTED RANCHERO SAUCE



Posted by Picasa
As you see in the pan above there are tomatoes and peppers, onions and garlic. I cannot eat the sauce if it is to spicy so I keep it the mild to medium side.
So I put a combo of jalapeno pepper and green pepper to roast with the tomatoes. I drizzled over olive oil added salt and pepper, cumin and coriander.
After roasting in a 445 degree oven for fifty minutes I let cool and then pulled the skins off the tomatoes and put them into a food processor with the peppers, garlic and onions and about a 1/4 cup of chicken broth.After processed I added the rest of the tomatoes, their juice and a small can of whole green chilis. Pulse in processor till all blended well and put into the jar. Then into the freezer it goes awaiting company and brunch.

The way we do the huveous ranchero's is like this. I make a pot of refried beans the day before. Before serving I thin them with a little chicken broth and heat. Soften corn tortillas in a skillet with a little cooking spray. Lay a corn tortilla on a good size plate, add a layer of refried beans and mex cheese, add another tortilla one or two soft to runny fried eggs, load with a good ladle of ranchero sauce and top with a mexican blend of grated cheese and a dollop of sour cream. Put out several different hot sauces and salsa so each person can add what heat level they like. This makes for a very good brunch or breakfast, with bloody Mary's or mimosa's if so inclined. Or non-alcoholic with tomato or orange juice.
We love doing this for overnight guests. Makes for a event about mid-morning. 

I have been so busy all week so today is kind of a reprieve I say that as I have not planned my day as yet. I am contemplating however a little redo and good cleaning for my living room. At the end of the day yesterday I changed a few things around, mostly accessories. I noticed I need to wax the furniture and clean the floors and clean the wood blinds. That will be a fun project for me this afternoon while listening to music. Then after I can sit in my chair and feel happy and content looking at my clean room.

I bought the ingredients for gingerbread with lemon icing. So I will either make that today or tomorrow. I want to take a couple of slices to my mother in law as we will stop in to see her again on Saturday. I also have some magazines I have finished to drop off to her.
Saturday will be a nice day for us as I mentioned the bid up the McKinzie river and then stopping for pizza. The weather however is not going to be typical for this time of year. Still cool in low seventies or high sixties but no rain Saturday.
We are waiting and watching the weather we want to pick all the tomatoes at the right time. It would be a shame to pick them and then have some nice warm weather and sun that would have ripened them.

Sunday my hubby is getting up on the roof and power washing where the moss is. A client of his lent him a commercial power washer. So he is going to do the roof, the house and driveway approach. All will look so much nicer.

Well that is all folks! Nothing else to share. See you later. 

No comments:

Post a Comment