Tuesday, September 10, 2013

I CALL IT SUMMER


Posted by PicasaI call this summer. Tomatoes and cukes from our garden. Cubano, radishes and scallions from the farm down the way. We also had fresh spinach from the farm and salmon patties with aoli sauce. So a very healthy dinner last night and I was filled to the brim.
I slept well last night also so I can get on with the day and it is shaping up to be a busy one.

I will walk this morning before it gets hot. It is to be 91 degrees today. Then onto office work there is much to do in here. It is laundry day for me. I surely wish I had that clothes line up and ready to use in my back yard. Hubby will build that for me in the spring. I also need to make two more pans of roasted tomato sauce today. I picked tomatoes last night and once again came away with two large baskets full of red ripe tomatoes. So that is my list of to- do's for this Tuesday.

Tomorrow I am making cookies. My husband always like a little treat later after dinner. I think I will make hermits I have not made them for awhile. We like their earthy spices and coffee hit with the crunch of nuts. They are about my favorite to have with my cup of joe in the morning.

What to have for dinner tonight? Don't you sometimes just run out of ideas? I sure do.

Hubby has already asked for chicken wings for Saturdays game fare. He likes crispy whole wings with just the tips clipped. So I flour them with lots of seasonings, dip into egg and then into a combo of panko and bread crumbs and fry until golden and crispy. Then he makes himself a hot wing sauce and I dip into blue cheese dressing with a little Cholula as that is as hot as I like them. I will serve them with a nice summer salad with the blue cheese dressing and that will be our meal Saturday. I will make a large quantity so hubby can munch to his hearts content while watching OREGON win the day!
I just had the idea that maybe I will make panini's this evening with red potato jo-jo's. I have salami, sharp cheddar cheese and tomatoes so we are set for panini's. I love them all crispy and ridged with grill marks. Even though my husband gets very tired of sandwiches as he eats them daily when working, he does enjoy a panini.

I am getting very excited about my little great grandchild's entrance into this world. It is fun not knowing the sex of the baby. One day I am thinking a girl, the next it seems I believe it will be a boy. It would be nice if it were a boy to keep that Jarvi name going along, but a little girl would be nice now considering that my grandson Tyson's sisters just both had boy's. So a little girl would be a sweet addition to her boy cousins. I will keep you posted it could be happening at anytime now.

Well I need a piece of toast to sustain me, another cup of coffee to ratchet me up and off for my walk and then my list of chores.

See you tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment