Thursday, September 5, 2013

THE MESS CONTINUES


Posted by PicasaThis was yesterday though today the counters looks the same. I already took the first batch of sauce out and it is cooling. I will do another batch today. Last count 14 jars snugged into the freezer. Good! Last year I used freezer quart zip lock bags for the sauce and that works well. If you freeze them flat you can just stack them up on the freezer shelves hardly taking any room at all. But I am old fashioned in the sense of saving my jars and reusing them, I like labeling them too. So they do take more room but I reorganized my fridge freezer and all will work out.

I just came in from fertilizing ....guess what? yep, the tomatoes. We still have many green ones that are good size. As soon as they are red I pick them off as that saves energy for the green ones. It is rather hard to fertilize as I use a full two gallon pail and I need to lift it up over the wire fence we have around the tomatoes. Each plant takes a full jug and you must pour it slowly so it takes a while. 

I have clothes sloshing around and doing their thing in the washer. Two more loads to go. So the day is going along fine even though I did not sleep well last night. Crazy dreams and a tad of heart burn I really think so many tomatoes are chewing at my tummy a tad. Tomatoes have a lot of acid. Anyhow I was in a stupor this morning making my hubbies breakfast and lunch. I hope his lunch does not have weird things in it! I woke up somewhat after a couple of cups of coffee but still feel in a fog. I think I need a little protein.

One crazy dream I had was so real....I dislike those as they hang with you all day.
My dream.
I was riding a bike and trying to find my way to La Pine where I had lived for years in central OR. I was lost and it started raining really hard just as I came into a beautiful town. Everything was perfect green wooden street signs, all the building had wood siding in different colors with lots of black rod iron, shutters on windows etc. It was a new town but done up in an old way. I was confused as I had never seen this town before and knew it was not Bend or Sunriver. I saw a woman and asked her if she knew the way to La Pine and she pointed to the south, she said it is quite a ways. I said, where I am now, she answered this is "Bendix". I said I never heard of that, she said well it is a new town settlement south of Bend like a annex of sorts. How weird is that? It was all so realistic. I would have loved to have lived there is was so quaint and charming.

Well truly I must go eat something. I am thinking a bowl of cheerio's with some soy milk sounds just about perfect.

We are to have thunder storms here today so far nothing.... though there are dark clouds approaching so maybe.
See you tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment