Saturday, September 21, 2013

CENTRAL OREGON SUNSET


Posted by PicasaThis photo was taken down by La Pine in central Oregon. It was taken by grandson Seth on a camping trip. Seems like their should be some Native Americans along the banks in tepee's and smoking fish etc. I love it. I have it set for my desk top, nice.

Well today is the due date for baby Jarvi. My new little great, great grand baby will be here any day now. Boy or girl? One day I think boy and the next girl. Both would work for me!

At four AM this morning I was awakened by torrents of rain pounding the roof and deck. It lasted about twenty minutes or so. I will say it was quite cozy in my very comfy bed all warm and snugly. I cannot believe my hubby slept right through the whole event. He never stirred though it does not surprise me. He is worn out from his work load right now. Installing hardwood floors is no picnic believe me. So he snoozed while the rain roared. Today is cloudy with a variety of clouds, bright big ones and gray low hanging ones. So there will be more rain at some point.

I am making a tomato pie for dinner tonight and to accompany it I am preparing 'Pioneer Womans' fried pork chops. Looks like a good little simple recipe. Tomatoes are overwhelming our counter tops right now but I hesitate to make any more sauce at this point. I have twenty jars and want to eat as many tomatoes fresh as possible. I made a batch of salsa the other day and of course we eat them sliced on sandwiches and served at dinner. I have a huge bowl of tomatoes perfectly ripe for eating, another big basket of almost ripe and another bowl full that needs to ripen. They are the ones I picked yesterday. They are mostly orange but a few green ones had fallen off during the night so I brought those in also. They will ripen eventually or I may decide to make some green fried tomatoes with them this week.

Our cod fish and chips last night was amazing. We ate the whole basket full of fish. Very crispy outside and tender juicy on the inside. My fave skillet to fry in is my Revere ware large skillet I inherited from my Mother. It works wonderfully holds the heat so well and nothing sticks. I had a small set of Revere Ware from my earlier marriage then added Mother's to that so I have a nice large set now and I love them all. Good pots and pans! They last forever my Mother had them for at least forty years and now she has been gone for 16 years and they are still doing the job.

Well I have been on the phone to my son this morning and it was a lengthy call as they always are and I am running behind on what needs done today. 
Tomorrow is Sunday my favorite day of the week. Maybe my great grand baby will be born. We are all waiting for that new sweet soul to join on our families.
Later.


No comments:

Post a Comment