Friday, September 13, 2013

GERBERA DAISY


Posted by PicasaThis daisy is so lovely in person. There are two more small flowers on the back side for a total of six flowers on this one plant.
I was looking online to see if I could bring this plant indoors for the winter and it seems I can as long as it gets enough light. Well that could be a problem on some of of our long grim winter days. But I will put it on a stand in front of the south dining room window and hope for the best. Then when it warms in the spring back out it will go to the deck. I believe next year I will get another as they seem to do well in pots.

The sun now is just starting to evaporate the gray low cloud cover we have this morning. That is fine with me as it will keep that ninety degree heat from coming on too soon and because it has not had time to build it may stay cooler today. I went to two farms early this morning by the time I grocery shopped yesterday and browsed for books and banked I wanted to get home. I was starving as I had not one bite of anything. If I go past noon it is hard on me as I get protein deficient.
I have been busy in my kitchen today also well that is nothing new it is kind of a constant this time of year.

Our Oregon Ducks are playing Tennessee tomorrow here. We are suppose to win by at least four touchdowns so we will see, won't we? Even when you know the ducks are better skilled than the opposing team it is still nerve wracking when you are climbing that ladder to the BCS championships. We have to win every game.
My husband will not be home until about four tomorrow afternoon so he will DVR the game and we will watch when he gets home. He is looking forward to those crispy chicken wings I am fixing. Hubby and his wings, it's crazy!!!

I have decided to make my favorite pumpkin pie recipe and top with whipped cream as I have all the ingredients including the cream. I believe it would be really tasty now so why wait till Thanksgiving. Strange as it may seem my family is not big on pumpkin pie so I normally do not make it on the holidays. I do like this recipe though. It is different as it has two kinds of sugar in it and whole milk and a few other twists. I think it taste better and the texture is really creamy. So no cookies today pie instead. I need to start the stuffed green pepper prep about four as they take at least a couple of hours of simmering time.

I must call my brother today I called the other day and we talked a bit but we needed a longer chat. So today after I get the stuffed green peppers simmering I will pour a glass of Chardonnay and visit with my brother. I call it phone sessions with wine.

Well with all these things to do I had better get on with it.
A little more sun is peeking through the wood blinds in the office now so the afternoon will nice indeed. Go enjoy!





No comments:

Post a Comment