Saturday, May 3, 2014

BIRTHDAY GIRL

So here I am on my 72nd birthday. Yeah I made another year and life is good!
Had such a nice birthday that lasted four days well that is usual it seems. My sweet husband always lets me know how much I am loved and appreciated. What a lucky woman I am. He showered me with fun gifts that made me laugh, a musical card, and a great bottle of pinot noir from Sweet Cheeks winery the budget took a hit there! I loved all my gifts and then we dined on that amazing rib steak with an Italian style salad and had wine cake with berry sauce and whipped topping for dessert. 
The weather was so hot for my birthday celebration as it was like the tropics. Very high humidity that just made you steam and sweat. We put the fan outdoors under the awning and mostly stayed in the shade. It was too hot to be suntanning. 
The park was so quiet. We never heard a thing and of course that was because there was barely a soul there. So a great little getaway and now back home to chores.

As soon as we arrived yesterday I unloaded the trailer and hubby went to work mowing lawns, trimming the front hedges and pulling weeds. He then went to get a load of red bark which he will spread today over the faded bark in the front yard.
I need to clean the trailer today. It is not bad as I do my daily house chores when we are camping does not take long in that little trailer. There is a place for everything as there is no room for clutter so that helps.

Last night I made butterflied shrimp with that yummy shrimp from Belize. The shrimp are just medium size so it takes a while to butterfly them and then bread them three ways.  Wow !!!
they were amazing I made twenty and there are only two left!

My chores are nagging at me now so I had better attend to them. There is much to do today but I do not mind. 
Have a lovely weekend, it is nice weather for yard work as it is cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment