Friday, May 30, 2014

A SHAME

I think it is a sad state of affairs when I look on FB and a friend has posted a photo of a blue jay that has been torn from end to end and beheaded with it's organs strewn about. It all came about because her cat killed the bird and she posted the photo and a very tasteless comment trying to be humorous. Good Lord. This is the not the first time she has done this. Now I just had to comment back, I felt it my duty to say my piece and stand up for the birds. So I let her know how sad this was and to post a photo was not a good thing to do. Also I mentioned that household cats kills hundreds of thousands birds each year and many bird species are dwindling in numbers due to cats.
I only hope that the mutilated bird I saw posted is not one of the pair that we have here at our house. There have been the pair for the past two years. And we are quite sure they have a nest with babies at the moment. We love them in our neighborhood. Dee our neighbor feeds them so they spend time in our trees and on deck also. They are always chatting it up big time. I will have to watch and see if there are still two. We only live four houses away from the murder scene. Yes it is murder, domestic cats do not normally eat what they kill it is just their instinct to hunt and the thrill of the kill and usually in a cruel manner.
I will say seeing that photo has quite upset me this morning. I so love wildlife and enjoy watching and listening to them. It is very sad that some folks are so callous and indifferent to the death of a living creature.

My husband had a doctors appointment today for a physical. He is home now mowing lawns and catching up on a few things outdoors. Then we are off to lunch. We are going for Mexican food so I will not need to make dinner this evening as the portions are large so we will bring food home. We will spend the afternoon on the deck and I will watch for the two birds. Oh how I hope they are still together.

It is pretty today with some clouds but it is breezy once again. We are moving into a summer mode now you can see the lawns are not quite as lush green and overall the foliage is slowly fading.

Did I mention I am switching all of our insurance except our business insurance to Safeco. We have Farmers now and have had them for over thirty years. Safeco came in cheaper than anyone and with two and half more times more liability coverage than Farmers. So all should be done in a few days. The savings is right under $1200.00 a month. That fact is just amazing to me. I have heard that if you are with a company for a long time there are no kudos for doing so. In fact our insurance has gradually been going up each year. With clean driving records and no accidents go figure that one out! Well we are through with Farmers......yeah! I am a happy woman anytime I can save us dollars.

Well I will go and put myself together for my lunch date with hubby. I always so enjoy our time together. We are so lucky we found one another in this lifetime.
Have a good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment