Thursday, May 15, 2014

GERBERA DAISY ONCE AGAIN ON DISPLAY

I so love the Gerbera daisies. They really give off a boast of color wherever you place them. I have ours sitting on a little black rod iron table on the front step.
Everything got into the ground or pots yesterday late afternoon. It was fun for me placing my color spot posies in pots about the deck.
We spent the afternoon outdoors had more wine than we needed. But we were adding ice and sparkling water to it as we do in the summer so that diluted it. We played a game or two at the patio table and then hubby proceeded to get the little smokey joe ready for our salmon fillets. I will say that Cesar salad topped with salmon was a winner the dressing was rich and I did not really taste the anchovy paste but something in there gave it a boast of flavor. I am thinking the anchovy.

Today is not quite the day we had yesterday as it was perfect. Today is somewhat hazy mid-seventies which is nice but the humidity is high. I have all four of our ceiling fans going and both doors open to the screen doors. I feel guilty as I did not walk early this morning when it was cooler. But I needed to get two labor extensive bids out this morning via the email and by the time I finished with those I wanted to tidy the house. So then.....well the walk just did not happen. It so needs to be a priority which it is not. Seems the older I get the less discipline I have. Maybe that is common.

I had a nice call from my daughter yesterday afternoon. She was setting up the last of her kitchen and bathroom cabinets and clothes closets in their new place. Now mind you they have not moved in yet! She is just as I was. We moved so many times into new homes we had built I had the moving part down. I learned years ago you pack boxes by room and label them. We would cart over all the items we could in boxes and then I have would have everything set up into cabinets etc. When the furniture then arrived I directed where it was to be placed. When that was done all I had to do was decorate the rooms. So Gina has done the same thing. She said when Doug came by after work he walked in and said, wow it looks like we are living here already but without the furniture. Gina gets off work at 2:30 so she has been able to make a trip over each day to get things done.
Their furniture is being moved tomorrow. They are both taking the day off so they can be there to direct the movers and then settle in. Oh I so remember how exciting that was.

It sounds like I will be seeing my great niece Diana and her hubby and two children at some point over the Memorial weekend.
It is sweet of her to make the effort to see me and let me get to know her little ones. Her husband Jeff has family that lives east of Springfield so they do get this way occasionally.
Diana is a sweetie always has been. I know it must be so hard losing her mother Chris four plus years ago. Not having her mother here to enjoy her grandchildren is sad. And Chris would have made such a good grammy.

Tonight we will grill again but it will be my job not hubby's as we are having sirloin steak with foil packets of yukon gold potatoes, peppers,onions and garlic on the grill. I am serving just one small sirloin I have it sitting with a rub on it after it is cooked med rare and has rested under foil with a dab of butter I will slice it thinly cross grain I then like to toss mine right in with my tators!

Well I need a big glass of ice water and then hose the front sidewalk.
Later.






No comments:

Post a Comment