Sunday, May 11, 2014

MY DARLING LITTLE GRANDCHILDREN

I am posting this photo today because it has more meaning than one would think.
This photo was posted the evening of the morning that my Mother passed away. Yes we had smiley faces through the hurt. I was at my daughter Gina's home waiting for my husband to drive from Eugene to take me home. My daughter and I had been with my mother five days in the nursing home before she passed. We were with her 24-7. The nurses had given us the other bed in the room to share but we did not sleep except for a rare catnap while the other kept watch.  Keeping a vigil is what they call it. The little ones knew why we were away and that their Gramma Nana was gone.  And for some reason from the time Gina and I arrived at her home those darlings were all over me. They would not let me be, they showered so much love on me. They felt my need is the only thing I can explain. So Gina snapped this photo. That evening we all had tears the little ones too because they finally let go. They had asked questions all day about Gramma Nana and we answered the best we knew how. They were sad especially Megan as she was the oldest. And she said, I know she is gone but Grandma I feel her in me. How sweet is that? I was receiving so much care from them for two reasons, they knew I was sad and they felt the loss and they needed my loving. So that is the story behind this picture. Bless their hearts I adore them so and they truly helped me through a difficult time.

So today being Mother's day I wanted to share that story. I have already posted photo's in honor of my Mother today but had the need to say more.

My husband will be home from the job site early afternoon and then we will spend time with his Mother Marylou. I called her this morning at the home and talked with her to make sure she got the message we were coming to get here. She was happy as she loves to go to lunch.  She wished me a Happy Mother's Day.
Marylou had four children rather close together so she certainly had her hands full. I just saw a photo posted on facebook by one of her daughters. In the photo she had a three year boy, and my hubby a babe in arms and was ready to have another it looked like any minute. There are only eighteen months between my husband and his sister Elizabeth. Marylou had her final baby another daughter when Elizabeth was two. I know I would have not been able to do what she did.

I will leave you now. To all you Mom's out there bless you and have a wonderful day. It is not easy being a Mom we never know what will be handed us throughout the years but we are always there for our children.

No comments:

Post a Comment