Saturday, May 10, 2014

TOMATO PLANTS GO IN THURSDAY :)

Yep, tomatoes plants into the ground Thursday. Wednesday we get everything we need for our garden, herb barrel and flower pots. It will be a lot of work for my husband this year as we need new soil and fertilizer in the beds. So one day is utilized just preparing the beds.

It is another gray wet day but it will be our last for as far as we can see at this point. Tomorrow warmer and no showers, then a nice Mothers day Sunday each day warming more until Thursday we are in the mid-eighties.

We are taking hubby's Momma to lunch for Mothers day. I bought her sweet little gifts yesterday which I tucked into an adorable bag that looks like a flowered purse. I think she will be pleased. She always likes what I do for her. I always wrap or bag her items in a girlish way with colorful paper and lots of trim and ribbon, she likes that as it appeals to her.  So she will enjoy her little treasures.

I had a very nice conversation with my son, three times yesterday, laugh. Like Mike said, you do not hear from me for over a week and then I bombard you with three calls. Well he could never call me too much as I always enjoy our chats.  His house sale should be completed this coming week. It has been quite an ordeal for him writing his own contract, taking it to a title co. so they can do the legal things that need to apply. Anyhow all is going well and soon I will pop a cork off a champagne bottle when the sale is completed. We are all so happy for him.

I was telling my hubby the other day how special my children made my Mothers Day when they were young. For starters my daughter Gina would make breakfast for us all and then clean up the kitchen. She did this from a very young age. Simple fare but a decent job for a child. Then she did everything for me all day, treated me like a queen. Mike would get so excited and anxious for me to open my gifts from them. Usually something made by each of them and then a bigger gift that their father paid for and helped select. But it was a sweet day and I always felt very loved and spoiled on that day. Now I get their calls which are loving and thoughtful.
I do miss my dear Mother on Mother's day. I take time to reflect on our life together and what she meant to me. I was so very fortunate to have that woman as my mom. Oh how she adored me always. She had waited so long for a baby as my older brother is twelve years older than I. I was very wanted and deeply loved by so many. For that I was truly blessed.

I must share what happened yesterday morning. As I had mentioned I was out and about. Well my very first stop was at Freddie's.  I parked and went in and picked up just a few things as I had already done my grocery shopping on Monday. I used a small cart and when I left the checkout I walked to door it was a total monsoon. It was coming down with a vengeance. I did have on my good gortex rain jacket that Mike gifted me with so I threw up the hood and pushed my little cart as fast as my legs would go. I had on jeans that were a little to the long side and flats. It was amazing how much water had accumulated while I was in the store. I had to wade through the walkway to the parking lot. One foot went totally under water. The rain was pounding on my back, but my little jacket kept me dry. When I got to the car and jumped in after stashing the groceries I looked down at my pants and at least six inches of both bottoms were sopped and hanging like wet mops. I still had three other places to go. The rain continued to pound, my windshield wipers barely keeping up. I pulled in the BI-Mart parking lot and sat waiting for a break. Well a break was not happening so I threw my hood up and made a dash with my wet pant bottoms mopping up yet more water. When I got into the store I shook like a dog spraying water everywhere.  Oh well other than my pants, shoes and face I fared quite well considering.  On the way home the sun came out and steam rose from the pavement like smoke.  Quite exhilarating really. 

Well I need to walk as there is a bit of sun right now and who knows how long it will last. I do not want a repeat of yesterday.
Ciao.


No comments:

Post a Comment