Friday, May 23, 2014

MEMORIAL WEEKEND COMING ON!

Memorial weekend is upon us once again. This will be the 72nd one in my life. Though for the most part they are barely memorable. For one thing when I was young and living with my parents it was more about the young men fighting in our wars. It was a day of remembrance for those who gave their lives for our freedom. There were more parades and venues pertaining to the military. As my father had spent eight years in the Navy he considered himself a part of the whole. So we tended as a family to attend events and then have family out to the farm for food and drink on the weekend.

Our guests will be here about three today.I did my needed chores in fast order this morning so now I have free time.
I need to make up some Carolina mop sauce for our grilled pork ribs this evening. And after our guests leave I am going to make a pasta salad.
We have had a little light shower or two today. We knew that was going to happen. It is warm and humid today and I have fans whirring once again and the doors open to the screen doors. I love this time of year when you do not need to put the air conditioning on. It is nice to have the doors and windows open to the fresh air.

Even though hubby is loaded with work at this time we are striving to find a small window of time to go to the beach. We have scheduled a few days out in June so hopefully that will work out.

Well I think I will make my salad now so it has time to sit in the fridge and totally chill down for our evening meal.

Have a fun but safe Memorial Day weekend.
God Bless America!


No comments:

Post a Comment