Thursday, May 29, 2014

FOUR GENERATIONS

Here we are four generations. My Mother Marta at top, I am next, then my daughter Gina, and my granddaughter Kali. I imagine my other granddaughter Megan took the photo. I had to post it in a black and white as there was a bright glare of sun at Gina's neck area and in color it ruined the photo.
I remember the day that photo was taken. Just look at my Mom's smile she was so thrilled to be with us all. I had been staying with her in Longview and we drove to Gina's in Gresham to spend the day. We had an amazing time with Gina and the little girls. Time seems to go by so quickly and then we find ourselves in old age sooner than we would like. I still find it hard to believe I am in my old age, my senior years or however you say it means you are old! My mother has passed, I will be next and on it will go down this line. Life's progression of the species. So knowing that time is so brief and precious we surely must enjoy every moment. I have certainly tried to.

I have had an extremely busy day once again. However all has went much easier than yesterday. I was at the grocery store early and then on to Walmart for paper supplies, drug items, this and that. It is always the this and that in the cart that gets me trouble. With the trunk full I headed home. I was starving or thought I was. So before unloading the haul I ran through the door to the fridge and grabbed the kielbasa chowder from the other evening ladled it into a bowl and zapped it in the micro. Buttered a biscuit, poured a glass of ice water and put spoon to bowl and made quick work of my lunch. Feeling fortified I proceeded to put away my goods.

I am off my feet now resting my back as it is pain in the back right now, laugh!
When the pain subsides I will go for a walk. 
We have a breezy day here so perhaps I should take a allergy pill. Hmm I will have to think about it. It is the trees that get to me and they should be done doing their thing the first of June and we are almost there. So I can more than likely deal with the little bit of pollen that is near it's demise.

I put my new solar lights along the pathway in the front yesterday. But they look too busy. I make take two out as I have six and space them farther apart. Anyhow I like to mess about with things like that. So I will square them away after my walk.

Our comfort food dinner last night was very good. Hubby just loves meatloaf, he especially loves my topping on the meatloaf. I mix ketchup, balsamic vinegar and brown sugar together spread it on thick and then grind pepper over the top. The sauce is rich and dark and a bit sticky. Yum! So today for his lunch I made him a meatloaf sandwich on sourdough with mayo and spicy mustard, a slice of sweet onion, dill pickle slices and crunchy romaine leaves. It will be treat for him. He gets so tired of his usual sandwiches but will not to take soup or anything heaven forbid that he would actually have to take a break to eat. He eats while he works so he does not have to stop. So something in his hand works best, a sandwich wrapped in foil works.

I was in luck with my missing long hoodie jacket. I called my sis-in-law and asked if she had seen it. She returned my call, and yes it was at her house in the closet. So I ran down the street with a happy heart to fetch it home again. I really dislike losing or misplacing something. I rarely leave a thing anywhere but sometimes I guess I get lackadaisical. 

Oh a odd thing did happen today. I stopped at Joanne's Fabric's on the way to Walmart. They have really cute garden and lawn decor and I wanted to see if there was anything for our garden fence. When I put artwork on the fence in the garden area you can see it from the dining room window so I like to something interesting every year. I was probably browsing for about ten minutes and I started to itch so bad, my head and neck and then here and there all over my body. Like an itchy rash. I left the store without purchasing anything as I was itching so bad. When I got to my rig I sat behind the wheel and scratched at my neck and shoulders causing redness. Then it started to subside. It must have been the fabrics and textiles. That has happened to me on occasion. This time though it was more apparent and had I stayed there longer I think welts would have appeared.

Well I want to get this walk over today as I am not in the mood to be out in this wind. 
But when I get back and get my few chores done I can relax and read for a while. Ah my sweet pleasure.
Bye for today. 



No comments:

Post a Comment