Tuesday, May 20, 2014

BEAUTIFUL DAY

Yes it is a stellar day here in Eugene. Just like the photo minus the tulips as they are thing of the past as summer flowers are now coming on.  I am looking forward to my walk this morning.  But morning seems to be slipping away quickly.
My husband has just left for the supply store to get some items for his next flooring job. So I have the house to myself for a while. I like to do my blog when I have no interruptions.

We will be seeing my great niece Diana and family early Friday evening. It will be delightful to see her and the children. Little Audrey is now four I believe and the new one Steven I have not met before I think he is about eight months or so. It will be nice visit. It is always good to see family.

I am having another cup of coffee to get a caffeine boast. Yesterday's coffee did not upset my tummy so I am hoping for the same results today. I feel that all will be fine if I limit my coffee to one cup. I still enjoyed my cup of tea this morning.

We are having chicken fried rice this evening with roasted asparagus. I love fried rice. I put in a number of vegetables diced small. Carrots, celery, scallions and seasonings and toasted sesame oil at the end the sesame oil not only gives flavor but helps browns the rice after the eggs are added. We love it. Of course fried rice is so simple anyone can make it. I do like to use cal rose rice aka sticky rice. It has a tendency to lump together and after it cooked and then added to skillet I break it up of course but leave a few little clumps together. I also use Bragg liquid aminos instead of soy sauce. It is less salty and good for you. Also if you have not tried roasted asparagus it is amazing. The flavors become very concentrated. I put the asparagus on a silicone mat and spread the trimmed asparagus on the mat drizzle with some olive oil and sprinkle with kosher salt and cracked pepper. Set the oven at 400 and roast until the asparagus is for tender approximately 12 minutes.

I will make a run to the farm this afternoon. I want to pick up the asparagus, avocado's, leaf lettuce, onions and some peppers. The avocado's look amazing, two very large ones for five dollars. We adore avocado's. I like them just sliced with salt and pepper I am a simple gal what can I say. Of course my hubby loves guacamole. We both love them on burgers and sandwiches and as toppers for a salad.

My husband will mow lawns when he returns. The grass grows so fast this time of year he needs to mow about every four days to keep it in control. Our neighbor behind us mows just about every day for at least an hour. This has been a issue since we bought this house eleven years ago. His lawnmower is extremely loud(he wears ear gear). He always manages to mow when we are enjoying our deck late afternoon or just when we want to sit down at our patio table and enjoy our meal. It almost seems when he hears us outdoors he grabs his mower. Would someone deliberately do that? Well there are a lot of strange folks out there. Regardless why the reason it is a big annoyance. What I think is that he is just a self absorbed person and does not think of anyone but himself.

I must now shower and get ready for my walk.
Have a lovely day I hope where you are that your weather is just as amazing as it is here today.
Happy Tuesday ☺☺☺




No comments:

Post a Comment