Monday, May 26, 2014

DECK SNAPSHOT









This is one little corner of our back deck. In the herb barrel is thyme, Italian parsley and rosemary. All newly planted this year. I still need to plant some oregano and cilantro in a different tub. I have basil growing by my kitchen window indoors where it is handy as I use it quite frequently. I love having fresh herbs at hand.

We surely have enjoyed our deck this past three days. We dined outdoors for two evenings. There are no insects this time of year like later in the year with the flies and bees. There was a nice breeze yesterday afternoon as we played games at the patio table. 

Last night I grilled turkey burgers. We had them on sourdough toast with romaine lettuce, tomato and onion slices and avocado mash. They were scrumptious. 
For tonights dinner I am still contemplating. I am thinking of perhaps taking one sockeye salmon fillet and grilling it and adding it to fettichini with a little cream, minced garlic and white wine. I am lactose intolerant so I must be careful with the amount of cream I use. So I will keep the sauce to the light side. I have all the fixings for a green salad so I could serve that up to go with. So unless this very un-creative mind of mine today comes up with a more ambitious dish the above mentioned will be our meal this evening.

I had a call from my son again yesterday morning. He had hooked with an old friend of his they were best buddies throughout grade school and high school. Well they wound up spending most of the weekend together camping on the river. It sounds like they had a great time. Mike's friend John lives in Jacksonville Oregon but he has a camping place in central oregon on the Deschutes river. It sounds as if it was a very fun time for them both.
I see on FB that my daughter Gina had her children over for a grill at their house in Oregon City. So it was nice a weekend for my family it seems.

We enjoyed our visit very much with my great niece Diana and family. The little ones were so precious it was good to see them.

Well I am treating today as a normal Monday. I have much to do today. Hubby is working all day and it is laundry day for me and house chores and I will take a long walk.
I will go now and start attending to those things.
Have a nice Memorial Day. Remember why it is Memorial day and honor those that have given their lives for our country.



No comments:

Post a Comment