Saturday, May 24, 2014

AUDREY IN TULIPS

Audrey Christine is my great, great niece. Her grandmother Chris my niece and closet person I ever had to a sister passed away before Audrey was conceived. Oh how she would have adored this little girl. She is very petite for her age she is like a fairy full of light and energy.
He little brother Steven arrived a little less than nine months ago. What a sweet nature that little one has.
We had a very nice afternoon with my family. Diana my great niece, Geoffrey her hubby and these two little ones. The children brought such energy to our home and we so enjoyed them all.

I really slept in this morning. Snoozing away until almost nine. I never do that but I went to bed a little later than usual and I must have been tired to sleep that long. I feel refreshed this morning. 

It is a decent day, clouds and sun but mild once again. I should have an enjoyable walk.

Our dinner last night was rib licking good!  On the charcoal grill we basted on the mop sauce and turned the ribs, over and over again until that sticky tasty mop sauce was coated in every crevice of those ribs. I waited until they were dark crispy around the edges of ribs before removing. I cut the rack into two pieces to grill, I find it is the best way to move them efficiently. The Italian pasta salad was a nice accompaniment. I am going to post how I make my Carolina mop sauce which is the tangy kind of sauce we prefer. I may have posted it before but browsed through my posts and did not see it. So here it is.
Carolina mop sauce for ribs, chops or chicken.
Made from bottled sauce.
Makes one cup.
1/2 cup your fave bottled bbq sauce(I like honey)
1/4 cup white vinegar
A good splash of apple juice
1 tablespoon of brown sugar or honey
one squirt of ketchup
Black ground pepper to taste
A few drips of hot sauce, like Franks or Tabasco or shiracha(sp).
Mix all together
Note. These measurement are approximate and if you would prefer balsamic or apple cider vinegar you can use either. It always turns out tangy and is good regardless what you switch around.

I bake my ribs with a little salt and pepper in a roaster pan with a little water in the bottom in a 325 oven for about 45 minutes until just tender. 
Put the ribs on your grill and cook over med heat mopping the sauce and turning the ribs very often for about a half hour.

A perfectly cooked rib is to have a bit as it pulls from the bone leaving just a bit of meat. If your bones are clean then you have over cooked your ribs. So it is always to the bite.
Wow we loved the ribs and still have enough for another meal this evening. I will just foil wrap them and reheat them in them in the oven.
Another tip. We feel it is better to buy the St. Louis style pork ribs. They are a little bigger than baby back and have much more meat and are incredibly flavorful.

Well time is a wasting as they say. And you cannot replace time. So I had better get on with my day as I have not done a thing at this point.
Enjoy the rest of the weekend. For you workers you still have two days off after today.....yippee!





No comments:

Post a Comment