Sunday, May 18, 2014

ANOTHER HAPPY SUNDAY

Yes so far it has been a happy Sunday for the two of us.
I woke at eight and padded out to the kitchen to make tea. I purchased some very splendid lemon poppy seed muffins yesterday so my taste buds were already salivating on my way to the kitchen. Lemon poppy seed and marionberry are my two favorites muffins. I lingered through the Sunday paper sipping tea and nibbling on the muffin. A great way to start a Sunday or any day for that matter.
After paper reading and computer time I did my house chores, took a shower and a walk. Then I made pizza dough for tonights meal and sat in my quiet living room chair and started a new book. This is always such a pleasure for me. I love getting introduced to the characters and letting myself be led into the story.

I emailed both my son and daughter this morning and filled them in our weekly doings.
We have accomplished much in our yard and garden this past week and all is looking very neat and pretty.
We sat out for a while yesterday as the weather was perfect for enjoying. Not to warm just into the seventies and no wind. I sat and worked in my puzzle book and hubby listened to his I-pod. We later grilled chicken and I made the warm spinach salad. Oh that salad is so divine. Every time I eat it I am reminded that I must make it more often. I just chowed on that salad, no apologies needed. It is super simple and I believe I have shared that recipe before on this blog but I will check and if I have not I will post it. The salad is loaded with flavor thanks to a very good tangy dressing.
We are in the mood for pizza tonight we will find a movie to watch while munching.

Gray and sunny here today. Showers and breezes coming through then leaving and returning. One of those days where everything changes by the minute it seems. No matter we are lazy and enjoying this Sunday. 
I am anxious to get back to my new read so I will say goodbye for now.


No comments:

Post a Comment