Saturday, May 17, 2014

BBQ'D THIGHS TONIGHT

Grilling thighs this evening on the charcoal grill with bbq mop sauce. We are hoping it will not shower as a couple are called for this evening. If so we will switch thoughts and grill them on the gas grill. I am making a warm spinach salad to go with and that will be it as we will grill a substantial amount of thighs. We always love the leftovers.

We had a very nice evening last night with Liz and Joe, hubby's sis and husband. We sat outdoors and chatted the sun was still bright and warm. Then we went indoors and played a game and then enjoyed a nice dinner Liz had prepared for us. I took a bottle of champagne for Liz and I and my husband took a small jug of micro brew he bought at our local Filling Station. He loves taking his jug to the Filling Station and choosing a brew to bring home. I think these stations are a great asset to the community as it keeps folks from drinking and driving. Though one can indulge and have a brew or so at the Filling Station most just go to fill their jugs.
I will reciprocate and have Liz and Joe over for a grill and we will eat outdoors. But we must get our deck stained for it is in bad shape, this past winter took it's toll on many things. Joe requested my banana cream cake for dessert. Oh how he loves that cake so I will make that for dessert and send home a couple of additional pieces for them.

As we got to bed later than usual we are a little tired today. No matter however as we really have nothing planned. All of outdoor planting and lawn care has be attended to. I must make a quick trip to the grocery store to buy bacon for our warm spinach salad and I have run low on potatoes which I must always on have on hand as hubby is a fried potato lover and makes them most mornings.

I had a nice walk yesterday. I was talking to my brother as I strolled the neighborhood and Beacon Road. I did my shorter loop which takes about twenty five minutes. We continued to chat after I arrived back at the house. My brother is still looking for a small camper since selling his travel trailer but so far has not found what he wants. Here he is at 84 years working in his field giving it a haircut with his tractor. He said he cleared the entire bar pit along the road to his home with the weed eater. He has always been a very ambitious man. I suppose that is what keeps him healthy and young for his years.

I must now tidy my house and be off to the store before it gets too busy out there.
Enjoy the weekend.


No comments:

Post a Comment