Tuesday, May 27, 2014

LA PINE COUNTRY

The little Deschutes river in La Pine country. This is such a pretty photo and was taken by my grandson Seth. Now my son lives in this area permanently again, where he grew up.
It will not be long and we will be on vacation there in July. And it appears like it will be a paid vacation. Hubby got a call this morning from a previous client he did work for here that has a home in Sunriver. The floor in his kitchen/dining area has water damage. So the floor needs some repairs and then sanded and refinished. My husband responded that he does not work out of the area but if they were willing to wait until our vacation there he would do it then for them. Well the fellow was thrilled and said yes they would wait. So now we will stay at my sons property in the La Pine area as planned but will add a day to that trip. So I will have some time with my son alone which is nice. I suggested to my son Mike that we take a nostalgic drive one day. I could pack a picnic lunch and we could take a tour down memory lane.

Today is big time office day for me. Yikes! I am getting insurance quotes on our three rigs, travel trailer and home through the Hartford. I will be talking to a local agent. I have tried online and it is just to complicated for all the above mentioned.
Then I need to do filing, making out the monthly's, and general cleanup.
Tomorrow I must run over to the other side of town to Trader Joe's and to get my rig an oil change and whatever else it needs as it has been a while. Then Thursday is my grocery and banking day. So it is turning into a busy week.

Our salmon pasta last night was very tasty. I made the sauce lighter and one fillet of salmon was more than enough. 
Now I am at a loss again as to what to make tonight. Now the reason for this muddle is because I did not make out weekly menu before grocery shopping last week. So see what happens? I always have my pantry and fridge stocked so it is not that I do not have dishes I can make it is just what?  So I will ponder that this morning. We have not had rice for a while so I may make a veggie meal incorporating rice. Or I have a bag of yukon gold potatoes and oh how I love mashed yukon golds. Well we will see what I conjurer up in this mind of mine. Well I have too much to do today to write any longer. Off I go. 

I

No comments:

Post a Comment