Thursday, May 22, 2014

THROW BACK THURSDAY 50TH BIRTHDAY

My 50th birthday at work and we were celebrating. I was a designer at Wall St. Interiors in Bend. This photo was taken upstairs in our office area. Looks as if there are refreshments on the table more than likely wine as we all drank wine. I had a great dinner after work at my fave Italian restaurant with all my friends and co-workers. A great group of women and I surely do miss them. I could spend a week in Bend and probably not see everyone. No one has moved away be me.

Oh how I love today. The windows were varnished with early morning light. I peered outside and the sky was pale blue. As the morning edged on the sky became what it is now, cobalt. There is a frenzy of green about our home, every hue imaginable. To be surrounded in this green abundance touches me deeply.
I showered and was out of the house early to grocery shop and run errands. When I went into Albertson's they were just taking their roasted chicken pieces out of the oven. On special a bag of assorted pieces was $5.99. Well I just could not resist. So we splurged at lunch time enjoying juicy chicken.
This evenings meal will be healthy to some extent except for the dressing. I am going to prepare a Seafood Louie with iceberg lettuce, and all the trimmings plus hard boiled eggs and a healthy serving of bay shrimp. Now none of that is unhealthy but then of course I am making my Mother's La Pine Inn thousand island dressing. It is not low cal but I will be careful not to overdue it.

My husband has stained the deck today and trimmed back our big trees on the street. We have two of the largest trees on our street and I love them. 
The next nice day I will take a photo of our newly improved small backyard area. I am going next week to buy our plastic kiddie pool. Yes we use a kiddie pool in the summer. I like to put it on the deck in the sun and fill it, it is only four feet in diameter so it does not take up much space. We like to sit in the afternoon and put our feet in the water. It is very refreshing. Our other mode for a summer cool down is to put our sprinkler on low and sit in lawn chairs in the grass and let the water sprinkle on us. I have been known to turn up the sprinkler and run through it and also to plop my bottom down into the kiddie pool.I am still a kid at heart I suppose.

It is has been a busy day so I am now going to relax for a while reading my book and glancing at the greenery outside our windows.
Have a wonderful day.

No comments:

Post a Comment