Wednesday, May 14, 2014

WINE COUNTRY GAL

This photo was taken about four years ago at King Estate Winery here in our southern Willamette valley. I like this photo so I posted it. It is always a fun time out there but we have yet to to make that trip this year. But we will and soon.

We were busy folks today. Up at six and out the door at seven-thirty to head to the DMV. However though we were the first ones there we did not realize they do not open up until nine on Wednesdays. Well who would ever know that. So we went to Jerry's Home Improvement store. We originally were going to do that after the DMV.  At Jerry's we bought our nine tomato plants, cuke plants, herbs for my barrel and assorted possies for my pots. It was fun. Then back across town to the DMV.  The line was terrible. But I kind took a cut(bad) and we nabbed #18 ticket. I had to renew my drivers license and we had to get tags for two of our vehicles.  So fifty minutes and $212 dollars later we were out of there. Well we are starving so how handy that Jack in the Box came into view. So we dinned on Jumbo Jack's and ice teas. Then we made a stop at Bi-Mart and shopped a bit I bought a few more possies and hubby got a serano pepper plant. We also bought a nice glazed ceramic pot for an indoor plant that needed re-potted.
Once home hubby put new garden soil into my containers and I planted all of my items except my large Gerbera daisy. I will do that early evening while hubby is planting the tomatoes. I was getting to hot outdoors.
My husband is now on two bids and I have come in the house to cool off.

Tonight for dinner we are having salmon Cesar salads. Hubby is going to use our Smokey Joe and add mesquite chips and slowly cook our salmon fillets while they smoke. I will be alert to what he is doing so he does not over cook them.  I am making my own Cesar dressing and yes I will add anchovy paste. Just a tiny tad as I hold my nose. I do not use raw eggs however I use a little mayo instead and a dab of Dijon mustard, salt and pepper and olive oil and good quality Parmesan cheese. I have a sourdough boule to go with the salad. We are going to eat at the patio table. The umbrella is now mounted in the table looking very festive so we cannot resisit. So it will be a nice evening spent outdoors.

Now I am going to sign off and kick off my shoes and plop in my faded but oh so comfy chair and read for awhile while the house is quiet.



No comments:

Post a Comment