Wednesday, May 21, 2014

DELPHINIUMS

Yep we grew these beauties. This is not a current photo however. They are such gorgeous flowers but you have to stake them when they get this big as they are so heavy if it showers the will topple and break.

My husband is so busy today as he starts a big job Memorial day and when that one is done moves right onto another. So he needs to get done all that needs doing outdoors. Today he is planting a few more pepper plants and spreading decorative rock next to our walkway in the back. Tomorrow he will stain the decking. 

I have spent the morning in the office on the computer communicating with a client from Califonia that owns a rental here that hubby will be doing the floors in. It is hard when the owner is not here as we email back and forth needed information. So I have had to write two lengthily proposals and materials cost, time frame etc. All which is very time consuming.
Then I did my house chores and just settled down to eat lunch and as I was finishing my son called and that was long call.  I feel exhausted and it is only one-thirty.
I still need to get my walk underway. The weather was to be cloudy today but actually it is quite nice. A few clouds and some blue and sun.

Tomorrow is grocery shopping and errands. Then Friday our company will be here from Portland for a visit. This weekend we will just be hanging out at home which is what we always do on holiday weekends. Safe at home. A bad weekend to be driving and camping. We are fortunate as my husband has for the most part been self employed and when I worked I had Sunday and Monday off. So we could go camping and traveling when others were working. In the earlier years when I was employed we made the best of the time we had. After I retired which has been ten years this summer we have had the freedom to go whenever he had the time. So that has worked out great. I swear if I only had the choice to go to a RV park or campground on a holiday weekend I am afraid I would not show up. A few years ago when we had our motorhome we went with my hubbies family to a lake campground on a summer weekend as they work during the week. It was not even a holiday weekend and it was a zoo. No thanks, no fun!

Tonight we are grilling bacon burgers with pepperjack cheese, tomatoes, lettuce and my special sauce. I have a pot of baked beans simmering. It will be easy good fare.
Our fried rice and roasted asparagus last night was so yummy we really enjoyed our meal.

Well this is quite a boring post and I have nothing more to say. I need to get those walking shoes on and head out for my walk.
Ciao.

No comments:

Post a Comment