Thursday, May 8, 2014

PRISCILLA PRESLEY HAIR

This was me back in the late sixties. I was dressed to the nines in a gold glittered dress, my hair as high as I could get it at the crown, and donning dark eye makeup.  Wow! I was ready to party.
I was going to a Christmas party, seems as if I can almost recall the whole event. Well it has been said that I have memory like a steel trap.
It seems to occur to me now as I look through old photo's I have done a lot of changing throughout the years. I look totally different here than say when I was in my teens and later into my forties and fifties and now well, lets forget now. If I recall I was 27 when this photo was taken. 

I was going to go out for a while this morning as I needed to get a Mothers day card and gift for my mother in law. Also needed to do some banking business and hit the office supply store. But it is kind of drizzly today with some wind so I think I will stay in my cozy home.  There is always tomorrow right? My philosophy anyhow.
So what I have done this morning is braised a boneless chuck roast in the cast iron skillet. I made of rub of salt, pepper, garlic and onion powder and seared both sides. Then into the slow cooker I added quartered potatoes, carrots, garlic, onions and whole radishes. Yes radishes. I have discovered that cooked radishes are yummy. The tartness goes away leaving a sweet savory taste. I seasoned the veggies and added a bay leaf.  I removed my browned roast from the skillet and while the skillet was still hot deglazed it with red wine. The steam coming from the skillet made me daffy it smelled so rich and fragrant. All those crispy little tidbits from the roast swirling around in that red wine broth. I reduced it a little and perched the roast on top of the vegetables in the cooker and poured this wonderful sauce over the top. Dinner is done!

So what else I am going to do with my day? Well for starters I am going to tidy up the office then move on to dusting and waxing furniture, then give both bathrooms a spiffing up. That should about do it. If I get a break in the weather I shall walk outdoors if not I will house walk the hardwood.

That's all folks!


No comments:

Post a Comment