Monday, May 19, 2014

THIN CRUST PIZZA

Another pizza from Zo's Kitchen. Now that I have made it so many times it is a just matter throwing the ingredients together and proceeding no recipe needed.
It always surprises me how wonderfully good it is and it is made by me! The one who tried to make pizza dough so unsuccessfully she had given up entirely. If I had not tried it in the kitchenaid mixer you would be seeing photo's like this. That crust is perfect every time and of course it is totally up to you how you like your crust thick, thin or in the middle. As we prefer thin crust I just roll it a little thinner. It is always good however and a thicker crust is more tender. I am going to make calazones next time. That would be fun!
As for the toppings it does not really matter as long as we use our good roasted tomato sauce. I reduce it on the stove to give it a little more body and add a tad of Italian seasonings and that is it. We like it to taste like fresh tomatoes. I use the mozzarella cheese that is fashioned in a ball but I do not buy fresh in water as it is not necessary. Just do not buy shredded or in a block as it is rubbery and hard. I slice the cheese into the rounds and place them on the sauce and build from there. Leaving the meat for top so it gets crispy around the edges.
As we make a large and eat half we are dining on the other half this evening. I put it back in a 350 oven for about seven minutes on a aerated pizza pan just to warm it so the cheese is melted. I will add a romaine heart side salad this evening with cukes, red onion and tomatoes. Italian olive oil dressing to the side with fresh parmesan.

I so enjoyed my walk this morning as my legs were a little stiff when I slid to the floor from our high bed this morning. I had a muffin for breakfast with a cup of tea and then had a cup of coffee as I felt I needed some energy. I have not had coffee for a few months now so I knew that one cup would do the trick, which it did. So with the caffeine induced high flowing through me I tied on my walking shoes as was out the door. The sky looked threatening so I wore a lightweight hoodie. The sun teased moving swiftly in and out behind huge bilious gray clouds. At one point a ways from home yet it became dark as dusk and the air was filled with the scent of rain, but nothing happened not even a sprinkle. This has been going on all day looks like a downpour but nothing.

Hubby is outdoors working on the black berry vines. We have been trying to keep it corralled but you know how those sticky prickly things are they just take over. So he is cutting it clear down though it will start to work it's way up again in no time. We have a place not far from here near the river that we pick black berries each summer. We pick just enough for a couple of cobblers and a few jars of jam. It is fun filling our containers each working here and there without a word. The bees buzzing about you and your hands sticky with blackberry juice it so reminds of childhood and picking with my Mother.

I received an email from my friend Gerie this morning. She and another gal pal are in Napa Valley wine country and she wanted to know what kind of wine to bring back for hubby and I. Now how sweet is that? She wrote that yesterday they went on the Napa valley train ride through wine country. This morning they took a hot air balloon ride and this afternoon they are going to spa for the works! Tomorrow they go on a wine tour of several vineyards. It surely sounds like fun except for me I would forget the hot air balloon adventure(scary) and the spa. No one touches this body but myself and my husband!

I heard from my son this morning also. He is looking forward to the opening of fishing season in the streams and rivers next weekend in central Oregon. He wants to fish for Brown trout like he did as a boy. When he was young we lived just adjacent to the Little Deschutes River. He would take a lunch in his tackle box and his fishing pole and hike over to the river and fish for hours. I can see him now doing the same.

I conquered the laundry pile this morning so that is one chore completed. The house is tidy but it is bathroom deep cleaning today. Not a fave as you know. So of course I put if off until last but I must don my rubber gloves and get on with it.
See ya tomorrow.




No comments:

Post a Comment