Friday, November 29, 2013

BAD PIE

I made one of the best most perfectly roasted turkeys ever. And I did not take a photo! What mistake as it could have won a prize. Crispy brown skin, juicy meat and I craved it to perfection,that was a first! 
The stuffing in the slow cooker worked out so well moist and tasty as if had been cooked inside the bird. All the side were good also. A feast!

The mixed berry pie made from frozen berries in the frozen state was a bust. I was hoping the pie would be tasty at least even though it looked bad. However when I dished my son a piece the bottom crust was soggy as well as the top crust and the berries were runny. So much for that pie. I trashed it! I trashed the recipe. I should have known better. I will go back to my old recipe where you thaw the berries first. I rarely have a disaster and I do not like it when I do. So I had no desert from my son but ice cream as he does not care for pumpkin pie. And that pumpkin pie was so good hubby and I both enjoyed a piece loaded with vanilla bean ice cream.

After my husband and I cleaned the kitchen we all settled onto the sofa's to watch a Jodie Foster movie. Then off to bed. We were all sleepy.

My son went home this morning early in order to avoid as much traffic as possible. It is always sad to see him go as he does not come that often. He is such a gentle caring man, so tender when it comes to animals of any kind. He has been that way his whole life. He never could be a hunter or hurt anything. That is a wonderful way to be I think, to respect all life. 

The OREGON/OREGON STATE game will be starting in a half hour. I just am not up for the game at this point. Could be I am just tired. But also the glitter and hype seems to have disappeared with OREGON. I remember times when we waited all season for the Civil War game. It was the BIG event of football season.
I suspect we will win but maybe not. It should be a good game regardless.

I am lacking energy and I need to perk up. Perhaps a glass of wine will do the trick.
So off I go in my game gear to cheer on our Ducks and hope for the best.
GO DUCKS!

No comments:

Post a Comment