Friday, November 15, 2013

CHANGING TABLESCAPE


Posted by PicasaI am changing my tablescape today. However there is little to do to change from Halloween to Thanksgiving. I take the little witch away with the big hat and replace here with a two pilgrims. That is pretty much it!
I love this time of year and the house is all cozy. Good smells emanating from the oven, fall sun sneaking through the blinds and making patterns on the floor in unexpected places. 

Last night we took a hot tub. It was foggy when we went out but soon the fog evaporated and a very soft rain came in. I was resting on my little shelf up out the hot water and continued to stay there while the rain fell. It felt so therapeutic having my reclined body tenderly touched by the rains patter.

We did not play scrabble yesterday afternoon we both decided we wanted to play WI golf. So we played three nine hole games which takes a good while. I won all three games but not by much we are very competitive in this golf game. 
The afternoon seemed to go by quickly soon it was dark and we went to the tub. We were going have a pork chop dinner but I was not hungry in the least and my husband said don't bother I will fix myself a little something, which he did. So we will have that dinner this evening.

Hubby's brother is here from Bend this weekend. He will sleep at our house but spend most of his time down the street at his sister's house visiting with his Mother. She will be there for the weekend instead of the memory care home where she lives.

I have nothing much on my agenda today. It will be a restful day. I do plan on taking a walk a little later and clearing the deck of leaves. So I will get some much needed exercise.

Tomorrow is game day. We will watch our OREGON/UTAH game first then watch the STANDFORD/USC game. So it will certainly be a day of football and pizza. We find we can eat pizza once a week on Saturday's. It is easier than trying to make something during the game. This time I am picking up a Little Caesars. We usually get the pepperoni and add ingredients. The pizza will be already baked when I pick it up tomorrow but we let it sit and then when we want to eat we add the extra ingredients put in a 350 oven for about ten minutes and it is brand new again. For five bucks you cannot go wrong. We learned this little trick a couple of years ago. I do have an air bake pizza pan that we use for all of our pizza's and also frozen fries. These pans are amazing as they are aerated and make for a crispy fries or pizza crust.

Did you know it is only 12 days until Thanksgiving. My husbands favorite holiday. He loves everything about Thanksgiving day from the time he gets up in the morning. I fix us a nice but simple little breakfast and then get on with the preparation of the cornbread, apple, sausage dressing and getting the turkey ready for the oven. It is not long before good smells are radiating from the kitchen.
I think I will make yeast rolls from scratch this year so I will do that the day before along with the pumpkin and mixed berry pie. I normally do my relish dish the day before also. My family loves the relish tray as it has many items. From pickled peppers, to three kinds of pickles,marinated veggies and on it goes. No need for an additional veggie. 
So my mind is readying for this special day.
At our table before dishing up each seated there says what they are thankful for in this past year. We like this ritual and have been doing it for years. Everyone tries to keep it short and to the point so the food does not get cold. Not a good idea for long winded folks to go on and on they could get an evil eye.

I must attend now to the rest of house chores and will then take that walk. The sky is breaking to blue now as I write and the sun is flickering through the office blinds.
Yeah!




No comments:

Post a Comment