Monday, November 18, 2013

KITCHENAID SIXTY MINUTE YEAST DINNER ROLLS

I am anxious to make these rolls this afternoon. This is a practice run because if we like them I will make them next week for Thanksgiving. I have had trouble finding a recipe I like that is simple. The mixer is the way to go as I am not wanting to kneed the dough by hand. The older I become the simpler I like to bake and cook but of course with good results. If this recipe holds up to it's rave reviews I will share it with you tomorrow.
I thought today would be a good soup day(you know clean the fridge day?) I do this occasionally. I had a package of frozen chicken hind quarters that we never got around to grilling this summer so those will be my protein. There are carrots starting to sprout and celery that has seen better days hanging out in the veggie bin. I am also over loaded on potatoes so it is all meshing up to a pot of potato vegetable soup with good rolls(hopefully) to load with butter and dunk into in the soup if desired. I am pretty sure that will be desired.

I have a couple hours to myself this morning so I am writing this post while hubby is off on a bid and to a home improvement store. He is going to purchase paint and start painting the cabinets that are in the garage.
He has been home so much lately I have had no space. We manage to get along quite well but still I am a person that requires daily space so it has been a little difficult for me.

It was more than chilly this AM when we crawled out of our warm nest. The wind is bitter the sky is grim. It certainly looks like a winter day in the valley. The bare tree branches look so forlorn against that gun metal sky.

It is Monday so I do have a busy day today. There are house chores to be attended to and also office work. I must get some bills out this morning and do an audit for our business insurance provider and more filing as always and I also need to make two return calls to our advertisers. Why they start calling six months before they need to is beyond me. But none the less these things need attending to today as well as a mound of laundry.
So sitting here at this computer is not accomplishing any of those things.
So until tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment