Monday, November 25, 2013

THE SPIRITUAL PATH


Posted by PicasaAh the spiritual path how beautiful it is.
Yesterday I listened to some tapes I have that reminded me of who I truly am. 
Sometimes it is good to take ourselves out of the rut, dust ourselves off and step back and take a look.
We get so locked up in this earthly world we lose sight of the big picture. As I always say. " We are souls with a body." Not the other way around. But our earthly human bodies certainly do tend to take us over don't they?
When I turn inward like I did yesterday it makes me a better soul and a human being for it makes me aware. Aware of how I must attend to the body to get the most of this life. Taking care of oneself is our daily job. The be healthy in body and mind is a way of life we should all adhere to. If we do not we pay the consequences.
The keep our minds open and remember we are all one sharing this earth, walking our own path that we have created by the choices we have made or that have been set down for us.
There is a popular country song now it is called, "It takes all kinds of kinds". Well that is certainly true.
It seems every few years I need to clean myself up and shake myself out. To clarify that what I need to do is take care of myself. Think positive thoughts, be helpful to others, open my mind to new opportunities, purge my mind of narrow minded thinking and being critical of others.
To not over indulge in any manner, to nurture my body and my soul. 
There is so much to life that we do not understand but when we sit silent and close our eyes to the world we can feel something so much larger than what we have here in this earth life. There is a longing, a love, a deep ache that comes from somewhere, someplace in the past. We do not know  the origin of these feelings only that they do exist.  So accept them and let them wash through you and cleanse you. We are all part of something that is bigger and more amazing than we could ever imagine.
On those thoughts I will leave you until tomorrow.




No comments:

Post a Comment