Sunday, November 17, 2013

PATTY MELTS TONIGHT


Posted by PicasaI cannot wait, yummy gooey patty melts tonight with tomato soup made from last years tomatoes. Jack cheese will be used for the soup topper as it melts so wonderfully and in the sandwich there will be a combination of jack and cheddar cheese along with generously seasoned ground chuck on sourdough bread.

So Oregon won the game as well as USC beat Stanford. So that is what we were hoping for. We watched the two games back to back a lot of football. We ate all but two pieces of a large pizza throughout the afternoon the evening. The pizza was easy(no mess) and good so it fit the day.
Now the DUCKS have a very good chance of smelling the roses at the Rose Bowl.

Friday afternoon I watched a few cooking episodes of Ree Drummonds Pioneer Woman. I love the way she cooks and talks along so comfortably. She is amusing and seems so real. Truth be known her cooking style is very much like my own. I chuckle when I watch as she uses so many ingredients I use and the way she puts things together are so me! I never claimed to cook healthy. I do enjoy my casseroles and comfort food with fattening ingredients just like Ree. But I always contend it is not what you eat but how much you eat. If one keeps in mind portion control a fat laden meal once a week will not hurt you. My feelings anyway.
You should go to her sight either via the Food Network for her recipes or to her blog which is Pioneerwoman.com

I found a tasty sounding recipe for yeast rolls using my kitchenaid stand mixer. So I will try it this coming week so there will be no surprises on Thanksgiving day.

Can you believe I am still in my sweats? Talk about a sloth this morning. I took a hot tub after the games and I stayed in the hot water about a half hour is all. But that water takes the energy out of you, makes you feel drained. I slept well until early hours of the morning and then had difficulty sleeping. I should have just gotten up and read the paper and had coffee but I forced sleep and did manage to sleep another hour or so while having wild and crazy dreams.

Sunday today, my favorite day. I was going to take a long walk today but may house walk instead. It is gray and chilly out and there is a bit of a breeze also. So all those undesirable conditions are discouraging me. Hubby can close himself in the office and I will put some lively music on and tramp through house around and around I go on the hardwood.

So I am off now to do what needs doing on a Sunday which is not much........goody!
Have a nice day whatever it is you are up to.



No comments:

Post a Comment