Saturday, November 30, 2013

CIVIL WAR


Posted by PicasaWe won! With a Hail Mary in the last seconds. It was good game if you like them close. Really the Beavers could have won if coach Riley had not allowed those extra few minutes. He could have slowed things down. But I am so glad it worked out the way it did. At least Josh Huff who is a senior finished off his last game at Autzen stadium with a superb game. Cannot say that for Mariota, seems he just was not himself, not comfortable or relaxed. But at least he pulled it off at the end with that great pass to Huff.
So now we see if a get a bowl game which we probably will. Then onto next season. Wears you out doesn't it?

I am looking forward to my lunch today. A half gooey turkey sandwich stuffed with mayo and my homemade cranberry sauce and dressing on wheat bread.
We had a repeat last night of our turkey meal. Tonight we are having spaghetti with my roasted tomato sauce, no meat but plenty of garlic and fresh parmesan cheese and sourdough toast. Then tomorrow night I will morph the turkey into turkey divan. I make every year as we really like it. You know the casserole with the broccoli and yummy creamy sauce?

I am not doing much today. I am going to be in the office for a little while this morning catching up on a few things. I need to make a small list of things I need at the grocery store. I will go early in the morning. Then I plan on watching a little college football this afternoon with my hubby and yes reading. I will be finishing a very good book, which I always dislike doing. I get so involved in the characters I hate to let them go. I tried to read some yesterday afternoon but I kept getting so sleepy I just wanted to drift off and I did not want to do that as I wanted to sleep well last night, which I did.

Well my son is now back home settled into his routine with his big dog for company and my daughter and her guy are at the coast, Lincoln City. I miss my children and grandchildren over the holidays. Would love to have them all here for days. But that is how it is. Truthfully I am almost ready to pass the baton as they say over to my daughter. Everyone lives in the Portland area and it would make sense to have Thanksgiving at her home. I would help her prepare and bring side dishes or deserts whatever she would like me to do. I could be in the presence of my entire family. But of course we will see if it makes sense to my daughter.

Well I must go slip into my jeans and get on with my day.
You all have a good weekend.




No comments:

Post a Comment