Thursday, November 21, 2013

THE BIRD


Posted by PicasaA bird like this will soon be sitting on our dining room table. There will be a multitude of food for three people. I learned yesterday that my son will be the only one sitting with us at our Thanksgiving table. My grandson Tyson, Lindsey and their baby girl Olivia will not be joining us. Tyson is working over the weekend. We will certainly miss their company.

My son and I chatted yesterday for an hour or so. He will arrive here early Thanksgiving morning as to squeeze as much time as possible. He will go home on Friday. He has no one to tend to his big bear of a dog. It will be fun to have him for even a short while, we have missed him. I will send him home with some leftovers to eat on for a couple of days.

It is COLD! The temps dropped last night into the very low twenties. We tended to our new RV by blowing the water lines out and draining the water tank. We kept the heat on in there last night and opened the cupboard doors. All was fine this morning. This cold spell is going to continue for quite a few days.

We took a hot tub last night after an early dinner. It would have been lovely but the wind was whipping and felt like ice crystals. I wore my little ball cap which helped the top of my head but my ears were freezing. The wind chimes were crazily making music. I stayed in the steaming 104 degree water for about a half hour, hubby stayed longer. 
I wish I could say I slept well last night but I really did not. I was up walking out leg cramps a few times. Well I know I did not drink enough water after getting out of the spa. My own fault.

I am excited about tonights dinner. We are having lasagna. I making the pioneer woman's recipe. It looks like a very tasty meat sauce and I will make it with a jar of my roasted tomato sauce which I have thawing out now.
We love lasagna and this one looks like a winner of a recipe. I will post photo's and a review of recipe tomorrow.

Hubby is off to Bi-Mart again today. Seems we are at this little store quite often. I do like the small venue, items are easy to find and the sales are good. And a plus it is not far from our home.

It is bright and clear today and once again there is a breeze. But I will take this sunshine any day over the gray dreary skies we have so often in winter.

Turkey day is one week from today so I must take the big turkey from the freezer today and put in the outside fridge to slowly thaw.

Enjoy this cold sunny day we surely will.

No comments:

Post a Comment