Friday, November 8, 2013

TO BAD OREGON


Posted by PicasaI was nervous about this game several days before it played out last night.
Maybe I had good intuition. My hubby just seemed so complacent, seems everyone did.
Stanford stopped us last year and I had no reason to feel they may not do the same this season. 
My feelings last night watching the first half of the game ranged from angry to sadness. I was probably not alone in those emotions. Actually I went to the hot tub right after the second half started as not to ruin the rest of the game for my hubby as I was so discouraged at that point and my attitude was not good. Taking a hot soak mellowed me out and actually my husband came and joined me shutting off the game. So we did not know the results of the game until this morning. It appears we rallied but to late.
We read in the paper this morning. That Mariota broke down when he met up with parents after the game. He was leaving the locker room in shorts with is his knee iced. The story is he had a problem involving his knee before the game, had it wrapped but was not comfortable playing his normal running game. He was in some pain and did not want to further damage his knee. The coach did not want the news released before the game as if we lost it would look like a excuse for their bad playing. Well Stanford battered us and held us and proved they are a very worthy team. No excuses!

So where are the DUCKS now. Rose Bowl possibly if USC takes Stanford out which I seriously doubt. Also we would have to win the rest of our games. So I suppose anything is possible but probably the best scenario is the Tostada bowl.
Anyhow it is only college football right? I am not the only one coming to terms today with the results of last nights game.

It is quit quiet at our house today. My husband was on the computer this morning while I did my house chores. He is gone now on a bid to Springfield. I was going to read but felt it was a good time to post on my blog as we only have one computer, no laptops and so we sometimes compete for the use of it.

We are going to have a repeat of french dips this evening as we each had only one half of sandwich last night. We were too involved in the game. So at best we nibbled at a few fries and almost choked on our sandwiches while grumbling about the game.
Tonight I will make a healthy green salad with creamy Italian dressing to go with our french dips. So I really have no dinner to make this evening which I sometimes like. 

We are going to play games this afternoon. Hubby's idea and of course I am always up for games. So we will more than likely sip on a few drinks, I will make pop corn and we shall cozy up indoors for fun and games.
Actually the day is not a bad one. The clouds break open and the sun winks at us once in a while. There is no wind and no rain at this point.

I know I am getting a little hungry so I must go rustle something up. I am sipping on a 7-up at the moment. I rarely have a soda but it is really refreshing, I must be a little dehydrated from the hot tub last night.

So the weekend is upon us. You know what we are doing with it?
We will be ridding our house of dust. Floors, walls, furniture etc. Hubby will get his big commercial vac out and take care of the floors and high walls ridding them of cobwebs. I will vacuum area rugs and wax furniture. May not sound like a fun time but it is a sorely needed.
Later. 




No comments:

Post a Comment