Wednesday, November 13, 2013

THANKSGIVING ON IT'S WAY


Posted by PicasaIt is a fact Thanksgiving will be here in fifteen days. The autumn has seemed to have flown like the leaves. The trees lost their leaves quickly to the winds that came through on several occasions in the past two weeks. Except for a few clinging or caught up in brittle branches all are gone leaving naked dormant trees until the breath of spring sparks them into action once again.

I do wonder who will sit at our Thanksgiving table this year. It is always a different scenario.
My son has said he is coming. He was not here last year as he was ill. My grandson Tyson is always with us however this year he is scheduled to work the whole weekend of Thanksgiving. So unless that changes he will not be here so of course no Lindsey or Olivia either. Ty is still holding out hope that the schedule will change at his work place. I invited my daughter and her man Doug but it will not work for them this year. So it may be just my son and hubby sharing a meal. This has been the scene before so it is nothing new. We love having Mike he is such a big presence it seems there are more people here. Truly though he loves my Thanksgiving dinners and looks so forward to a day of eating of good food. I love that he appreciates it so much.
My husband may actually be working half a day on turkey day. He is working that week on a floor and it needs to be completed at the weekends end.

My menu this year will be the same as always. I may change up the dessert a bit. But otherwise the same fare.

It is a dreary day in Eugene today. The sun did pop out though briefly and is now hiding once again.
I made a run to the meat market for sale specials today. Two packages of pork loin chops for the price of one, a beautiful pork shoulder roast @$1.99 a pound. Picked up my favorite burger on sale and I also purchased large white shrimp to butterfly this evening and fry crispy in fish fry with homemade cocktail sauce. I will add to the meal a small coleslaw with pineapple and shoestring fries.

Back home I divided all the meat products and wrapped them in portion sizes and put in ziplock freezer bags. My meat supplies were running low.
Tomorrow I will finish my grocery shopping at Freddie's and Walmart. I certainly would like to have a Safeway store nearby. But it is not worth the hassle of driving out of way on grocery shopping day.

I am now off to clean up our little lunch mess in the kitchen. This afternoon after a walk we may play some games to keep ourselves entertained.
Have a nice hump day!




No comments:

Post a Comment