Tuesday, November 19, 2013

ROLLS

I made the sixty minute KitchenAid yeast rolls yesterday. A quick and simple method however my rolls did not raise like the ones in the recipe photo. It could be because I have had the yeast for a while though the date went to June 14. They did raise and taste good but now should I buy more yeast and make them for Thanksgiving.? I am thinking yes I will make them again as they are so so simple. I love using my KitchenAid mixer for breads. That dough hook just takes care of business in no time.
We are having a repeat dinner this evening as even though I try not to I always make too much soup.

I had planned to do some grocery shopping today and other errands but hubby wanted to take my rig(better mileage) as he had bid out in the country today and two in opposite areas of the city. So it is a lot of running for him and I did not want to take the truck. So it is no big deal I will go tomorrow and I thought I may as well shop for my Thanksgiving dinner also. I should easily hit the $150 mark for a getting my turkey free so it will work out better. So this afternoon I will revise my list. More than likely I will forget something and need to return to the store next week but the majority of items will be tucked into my pantry and fridge.

It is rainy and ugly out today. Tomorrow the sun will appear along with a few clouds the paper states and it will be freezing cold at night. We will see twenty something degree nights for a few nights so hubby and I are going to winterize our travel trailer tomorrow. We will leave a heater going on low also and open all the cabinet doors. Then all should stay safe from freezing.

I cannot believe I have nothing to chat about today but truly there is not thing. I may wait a day or two before writing again so I have something interesting to write about.

Have a good Tuesday. 


No comments:

Post a Comment