Wednesday, November 20, 2013

ONE HUNDRED SEVENTY FIVE DOLLARS LATER AND I HAVE A FREE TURKEY!

Does anyone have any idea how hard it is to do your weekly shopping plus your next weeks shopping and everything for your Thanksgiving meal???? Well it is not easy. I must have looked like a plotting,list reading demented old woman as I maneuvered through the aisles of Fred Meyer this morning. Tossing items in the cart as if money mattered not. I needed to spend $150.00 in order to get my free turkey and I was determined to do that. To be on the safe side a threw in a bottle of makeup and an expensive lipstick. Oh well it's like money in bank I muttered to myself as I flew down the cosmetic aisle. I watched closely as the groceries added up on the register. I went over by $25.00 yahoo what a good little spender I am! I won my $25.00 turkey!

So I am exhausted after putting all those groceries away, I barely could get more items in my already overly full pantry. I needed to clean out the fridge in order cram in what I needed in there. And you know what I bet I have forgotten something, just wait and see I will have to return before turkey day and face the hoards at the grocery store once again, but my free bird is in the fridge!

Tonight my husband is making dinner. He just got back from the meat market he picked up some very delicious sausage that we love. So it will be a simple European style meal. A pot of boiled potatoes, sausage and steamed veggies. I am thankful that he will be cooking this evening as I am tired.

I am off now to tend to a few more chores that need doing today, then I will return a call to my son who called this morning while I was wildley wheeling down the grocery aisles. Then hubby and I are going to take a hot tub. It is very cold today and the wind is whipping intermediately. The hot steamy water will feel very good indeed.

Have a great hump day!

No comments:

Post a Comment