Thursday, November 14, 2013

FREID SHRIMP DINNER



Posted by PicasaFirst photo is the shrimp I butterflied and prepared for frying. Next photo my plate before digging in.
I must say it was a tasty dinner. The coleslaw was creamy with the right amount of tartness, the shoestring fries crispy with salt and pepper and the cocktail sauce which is ladled on my plate was yummy with the right amount of heat.

We played games for about two hours late yesterday afternoon before making dinner. A good day for being indoors and game playing as it was gray and chilly.

We are wondering what to do with the day. My husband is not working and I am fairly well caught up with household chores. I was going to finish up my grocery shopping today but I have decided to do that Monday.
So the wintry looking day dangles before us. We are getting a bit of cabin fever. We cannot take off pulling the trailer as my husband needs to be here for calls and bids. 

My daughter Gina is flying home today from her visit with her daughter, my granddaughter Megan in Kansas. I know this is so hard for them both not living near one another. I am so thankful I live close to my daughter that we are in each others company quite a few times a year, not just once.
As for the rest of us we never get to see Megan. Maybe at some point they will move from Kansas back to Oregon. I can only hope at this point in time.

I just talked to my hubby and I this what we are going to do with part of the day. We are going for a short ride to check on a job that will be coming up toward the end of the month. The we are stopping at Taco Bell for a bag of taco's to bring home and nibble on while we play scrabble this afternoon. So we will be out and about for a short while which will be nice.

This evening I am making pork loin chops in cider sauce with orzo and fresh spinach. Sounds good to me.

Later.

No comments:

Post a Comment