Tuesday, November 12, 2013

MOIST CORN MUFFINS


Posted by PicasaThese are very moist corn muffins. I cheat making these corn muffins as they are jiffy muffin mix, I add the one egg but instead of a 1/3 cup of milk I add sour cream in it's place with a small amount of shredded cheese(your choice) and then a splash of milk so moisten the dough to the right consistency. Doing this method makes for a very moist, soft tender muffin instead of a dried out tasteless one.

Our chili last evening was so wonderful with the roasted tomato sauce which also included peppers of several varieties and garlic and onions. All roasted together then put in the food processor to make sauce. I am so happy I took the time the end of summer to make all of the red yummy sauce in different varieties as we are enjoying the bounty now.

Our house is amazingly clean now. I methodically followed behind my hubby yesterday as he went room to room vacuuming everything in sight. I waxed all our furniture, cleaned glass and then cleaned the floors with Bona product floor cleaner. This morning walking on the floors barefooted was such a treat. Every wood floor so clean and fresh under my feet.
When we finished I was worn out from applying the cleaner as I pressed hard on the applicator to rid the floors of spots and soil. I flopped into my chair put my feet up on the ottoman and crashed. I picked up my book and did not move for an hour.
I then went to the kitchen as I had cookies to make. I made three dozen as I cut the recipe in half. I made the cookies a little smaller in size this time. After the cookies were made I then started on the chili. While I was doing this and enjoying my clean kitchen hubby was taking a soak in the hot tub. We could see each other through the kitchen window. It was a fun little flirt time. We get rather silly at times but that is what makes relationships fun.

Today it is wet out. It rained out last night when we woke to black windows I could hear it still pattering softly against them.
The leaves my hubby raked to the street the other day are now plastered like wallpaper to the pavement. It is a nasty looking time of year with debris littered about the streets, sidewalks and yards.



I must take my shower now and get presentable as the day is moving along. I do not have much planned but there are things that I want to accomplish.
Have a nice Tuesday whatever it is you are doing today.
Ciao.

No comments:

Post a Comment