Friday, November 22, 2013

LASAGNA


Posted by PicasaThis is the best lasagna I have ever made. It is rich and creamy and the meat sauce is amazing as I used my roasted tomato sauce and pasta was cooked perfectly.  We will have a repeat of this meal this evening. Sad to say we barely put a dent in this huge casserole but after this evening I will put what is left into a freezer container and we will take it along on our next trip with the travel trailer. 
You can find the recipe on pioneerwoman.com It is called Best Lasagna ever. I know a lot of folks have a fave lasagna recipe they have used for years. Well I do too but it is too simple and I felt I could make a more complex one so I am very happy I tried this one.
The recipe calls for canned tomatoes and tomato paste but as I had made sauce from our tomatoes this past summer that is what I used.  Do give this recipe a try. It has a lot of good seasonings in it and the creamy sauce is delicious along with lots of mozzarella.

It is an incredible day out. We woke to a very cold house and it was hard to leave the cloud of body heat in our covers behind.  I put my feet on the cold hardwood flooring and raced to find my furry slippers.  I turned my coffee pot on and opened the front door to retrieve the paper from the box by the door. My breathe billowed out and hung in the air like smoke. The frosty rooftops sparkled in the morning sun. I love that we have a eastern exposure in the front of the house and of course the west at the back where our hot tub and deck are. Our south side is where our garden space is so all works very nicely. We get a sunrise and sunset view and lots of heat and sun for our garden.

I was going to run a couple of errands this morning but may do that later as I do not feel like going out in the cold. What a baby I am.

I heard from my daughter this morning via the email also my dear friend Judy. I was happy to hear from them. Judy has been having some health issues as well as her hubby he is in a nursing home striving to get stronger so he can be home once again. They are always on my mind so it is good when I get an update every so often.

I am off now to get dressed. Yes I am still in my sweat bottoms and hoodie and it is after eleven! I am so outta of here.




No comments:

Post a Comment