Saturday, November 23, 2013

DUCKS AND DOGS



Posted by PicasaThe fare today is DUCKS and hot dogs stuffed with sauerkraut, chopped onions, sliced pepperchino's and mustard sauce. Yummy. Junk food game fare. Just what I am hungry for today.
I am going make the dogs in the slow cooker. Looks good and folks online say they taste like event hot dogs cooked this way. You put them in without any water and cook on high for about an hour. They will start turning brown wherever their sides touch the slow cooker. When they are as you like them, brown and plump toss the buns in on top of them for a few minutes until heated. I will let you know how all that turns out.
I have had nothing to eat today yet so maybe that is why my mouth is watering thinking of these dogs.
I will munch on popcorn during the game and sip my ice cold white wine. We will probably eat after the game is over. Popcorn is such a good filler I love it for that reason. I like it slightly salted with a little real butter. Sometimes I use a season salt or Mrs. Dash which is healthier. Hubby likes his with some heat, cayenne, red pepper, Tabasco well you get the picture.

It is such a grand day once again. I am getting used to waking every morning to a cold house and rushing to open the blinds to let the sun flood in.
This morning I turned on the furnace and jumped back into our warm cozy bed. Hubby turned on our bedroom telly and we cuddled in bed watching college football games until the house warmed to our liking. This was at seven this morning. We are college football crazy I suppose. Say I bet that could be a country song. "College football crazy". I will see what I can do with that idea.

I just came in from our little trailer. I wanted to make sure all was good out there. We have a small oil filled radiator heater in there keeping the chill off. When I get in that little thing it makes me want to go somewhere. The coast would have been clear and cold this past week but we felt we must stay home to go on bids and take care of what business may occur. The phone is not exactly ringing off the hook so it needs to be "hubby on the spot' when we do get calls for bids.

I ran a few errands yesterday afternoon. I needed quite a few items at Office Max. I had a coupon for ten dollars if fifty was spent. That was not hard to do. I was out of quite a few office staples(no pun intended) but I did buy staples for the stapler.......laugh.
I also made a quick stop at Albertson's. See I told you I would need to go again. Well actually I made the stop for my husband as he decided to make some salsa and did not have peppers. So of course I found a few other things to throw in the cart. I am definitely through now.

Have you noticed how the stores are all at once so busy? Well get used to it. I hate to shop this time of year. I am sure happy I am not a Christmas consumer like so many others. We do our little thoughtful gifts, decorate the house, have an nice meal, a decent bottle of champagne and enjoy the season. 

There are a couple things I must do before the game starts in 45 minutes so I best be at it.

If you are college football crazy hope you enjoy the games today. There are some good ones!
GO DUCKS!




No comments:

Post a Comment