Monday, May 6, 2013

BACK YARD SNAPSHOT


Posted by PicasaThis is the end fence of our little cozy back yard. We love to sit here in this area. Very private and so pretty with all the green foliage this time of year. I put little hot shots of red in wherever I can in our outdoor areas. I finished cleaning all the pea gravel and stones yesterday which sit at the other end of this ity-bity yard.

We had such fun afternoon and evening yesterday. Hubby surprised me by getting home early. It was such a hot afternoon and breezy but I just put up with the itchy eyes so I could get my outdoor chores done.
After hubby came through the door we had a ice cold beer in hand and headed outdoors to our little back yard. Honey put the sprinkler on the grass where it just barely touched our toes. The beers hit the spot and he went to shower off his workday dust and we headed down the street to his sis's as our niece had just arrived home from Europe she has been gone almost a year. There was a big crowd assembled in Liz and Joe's back yard. Joe was making very impressive margarita's in honor of Cinco De Mayo. So we spent a couple hours trying to catch up with Sarah which was not easy as everyone was vying for her time. Then on home to make chingalingas. I made these often when we were first together over thirty years ago. You mix shredded chicken with chopped green chili's a little red pepper flakes and green taco sauce. Roll them in warmed flour tortilla's and secure with a toothpick then deep fry and cut into chunks and dip into sour cream, salsa and guacamole. Very tasty indeed. So we feasted on a platter of those little darlings. We sat in our little backyard early evening and listened to the birds and watch the night seep in. Then we each sprawled on our individual sofa's and listened to Pink Floyd and watched the lava lamp do it's thing. Just like we did years ago. Fun :)

Sarah will go back to Switzerland Saturday and continue her nanny commitment until August 1st. Then she goes directly to Edinburgh Scotland where she is enrolling at Edinburgh University one of the best in the world. There she will get her masters degree and also take advanced studies to enhance her chances of landing a high paying job in the UK. She is a very smart girl and only took the nanny job as she had just completed four years of college and felt she needed a reprieve. While doing her nanny duties she has taking classes in German. She does not let a blade of grass grow under her feet!

My husband left early this morning and so here I am once again filling my day. But I have a busy day today. Laundry once again, a trip out to the farm for the weekly produce, office duties(always when we are busy) and whatever else I have time for there is plenty to do.

Tonight we are going to have the chicken pomodoro as we decided at the last minute we wanted Mexican fare last night.

I will be making my menu today also for the following week. I am going to share this recipe as I will be making it in a few days. So easy and simple and so perfect for summery weather.

Pasta with fresh tomatoes.
3 medium ripe tomatoes
3 Tbsp. olive oil
2 Tbsp. fresh basil
1 Tbsp. lemon juice
1 tsp. sugar
1/8 tsp. salt
1/8 tsp. red pepper
1 lb. uncooked pasta
1.4 cup fresh grated Parmesan cheese

Combine all ingredients except pasta and cheese in a covered container in fridge for 2 to 24 hours. 
Prepare pasta as directed on package drain(I like to use penne pasta or radaitore)
Immediately toss with the tomato mixture. Serve immediately and sprinkle of parmesan.

This is especially good with juicy just fresh picked tomatoes from your garden.
That will be a while yet however. So I will get tomatoes on the vine from the farm today.

Well with all I have to do today I had better get to it.
Ah..... it is Monday after all a work day.
Later.





No comments:

Post a Comment