Saturday, May 11, 2013

BEER CAN CHICKEN


Posted by PicasaMy husband did a good job on this natural locally grown chicken last night. I put the rub on it and then helped get it on the beer can and he babysat it for the hour and half while it roasted.
We also put a rosemary twig and fresh thyme into the beer can. Hubby also put a pan of alder wood chips to smoke in the bottom of the grill. I make a dirty rub for the bird with all kinds of spices and seasonings rubbing olive on the chicken before applying the rub. All makes for a delicious juicy flavorful chicken. Tonight we will use the leftover chicken for taco's.
All I served with this chicken last night was  baby asparagus and tomatoes drizzled with Italian dressing and blue cheese crumbles and pile of green olives.We love Trader Joe's green pitted medium olives and buy them by the half case so we never run out. They are firm with the right amount of tang. I love tossing them into a variety of dishes.
While the chicken was hanging out in the grill and doing it's thing hubby and I were playing games at the patio table. The aroma drifting our way was driving our taste buds totally wild.

I am a lazy girl this morning. Hubby was out the door early. I made him a breakfast burrito this morning with sausage, potatoes, eggs, onions, peppers and cheese then packed him a nice lunch as always. Then I slowly read the paper and then on to the computer. Where I still sit in my jammies!

It is another beautiful day here. Yesterday was perfect though the humidity was up. I heard some distant thunder in the middle of the night. Today is to be 80 degree's then the temp drastically drops tomorrow. So tomorrow is cookie making day.

I really have no plans for the day but I do know I am going to get out in the garage at some point and do some cleaning. The garage is my husbands work area so usually I just leave it to him but with his big work load lately he has not had the time to do his usual tidying.

I am hungry now so will hustle off to the kitchen and have some oatmeal with butter and a small drizzle of pure maple syrup. I am not a oatmeal fan but I had to buy a large box as I needed some for the cookies. So I am going to give it a try this morning. Hopefully it will keep me satisfied until I have some popcorn this afternoon then taco's and refried beans this evening.

Have a lovely Saturday.


No comments:

Post a Comment