Thursday, May 9, 2013

PERHAPS?


Posted by PicasaWho knows this may be our next RV? This is called a R-Pad and made by Forest River. This one is 16 1/2 ft which we like.
The inside is very nice indeed. A queen bed, small kitchen with a good size fridge, convection/micro and three burners in a nice simulated granite counter with a stainless sink. There is a good size dinette and a combo shower, toilet and sink and that is it! No sofa or extra chairs or hoards of cabinetry  But it would fit our needs as our trips are short but sweet.We could do some basic cooking and eat out at other times.It is also the lightest of trailers to pull. They are not that expensive even new. So we are thinking, hubby wants one before winter so we shall see.
My husband was never comfortable with our motor homes though we had two a C class and a A class. He liked our fifth wheel when we had that. He never wanted to tow a rig with the coach so we were kind of stranded wherever we camped. He likes the idea of the little trailer and having the truck then to run about in. A small trailer like this will perfect for what we do at the coast for instance. And truthfully I have had my fill of loading a big rig and then all the cleaning etc when you get back.Besides they are so expensive to drive you wipe out your checking account by filling the tank! So I say the simpler the better at this point.

I just got back from a spendfest it seems! Spent a wad at Walmart as I was out of so many staples I get there and I have not really grocery shopped to any extent to stock up again since getting home from Reno. So Freddie's was a full cart also.
I have some tasty things coming up on our menu though. Nothing to complicated as I am wanting to use some items in the freezer.
Tonight we are having chicken fried steaks made with cube steaks and fresh asparagus with mornay sauce and wild rice.

I must say we did have a fun day yesterday. Hubby got home a little to late for going out to lunch as we would have been bogged down in the rush on the way back home. So we elected to stay home and enjoy the deep blue sky day.  We made a snack tray of cheese, assorted olives, little crackers and salami and opened a bottle of wine and went to the deck. There was just a small breeze and that made it so comfortable. We sat and planned and talked about the trailer and when I should go to my brothers, the work schedule and on and on. That is one thing we have always done is share our thoughts, ideas and make plans. We love "the conversations" as my husband says. Later we played a couple of games with my guy losing so badly......ouch!
Then we made a dinner of left overs as we were not that hungry. We then watched Survivor. We have a DVR so we can watch when we like and skip the commercials. We have always been Survivor fans. Then we watched an episode of Chopped we both love cooking shows. And Chopped if you have never seen it is a great show at least in my humble opinion. After watching the telle we were sleepy and ready for dreamland.

Tomorrow I going to make the most yummy, chunky,hearty cookies. I love them or I should say one of them with my tea or coffee in the morning. 
They are chocolate chip oatmeal with dried cherries and nuts!
I will take a photo tomorrow after I make them and then post the recipe. You will have to give them a try! 

It has been a very busy morning for me I was gone from the house about three hours and then home to unload all that food and store it, that was a chore. So it is time for a break now. I just opened a grape Powerade. I like a sports drink sometimes with a lot of ice. I will plop in my old red plaid chair and listen to the birds chirp outdoors as I have the doors open and I will read of course.
I have been reading some interesting books of late and this current one is no different. About life in Appalachia quite fascinating and sometimes heartbreaking but certainly a good read.
Off I go!



No comments:

Post a Comment