Thursday, May 23, 2013

LISA'S BREAD SPREAD WITH OLIVES


Posted by PicasaI made this last evening instead of cheesy biscuits as my hubby requested Lisa's bread. This recipe as you know came from my friend Lisa in Bend. I made it the same as always but added those green olives we love from Trader Joe's. This bread half black rye bread and half sourdough was delicious with the chicken veggie soup. I made my red pot full so it's soup again tonight with more bread.
Here is that little bread spread recipe again.

Lisa's spread.
Equal parts of real butter softened, fresh grated parmesan cheese and mayo add a dab of Worcestershire  Mix well. Add sliced scallions, crushed garlic to taste and salt and pepper. Lightly toast bread then slather on the spread and sprinkle the top with paprika. Pop under broiler on high until bubbly and starting to toast around the edges. To make this more fun yet, you can add olives, artichoke hearts, radishes whatever you like to the top of the spread before broiling. You can also split open a baguette and put the spread on both sides of the inside and wrap in foil and bake in the oven till hot. We do this sometimes when we camp.You can toss it right on the campfire.

My hubby will be late this evening so a good night for leftover soup.

Today am I out of the house for a while. I have some errands. Also I need to get out and do something!
My eyes are a little better today but still itchy. I will quit whining here pretty soon, I promise.

I will go now and get my daily to-do's out of the way. I made good progress in the office yesterday. Made forms for bids, worksheets, information sheets etc. Caught up on the files, and shredded for a long time. I have one more bag to catch up on and then I will be current......yeah.

Off I go have a nice day.


No comments:

Post a Comment