Wednesday, May 1, 2013

MY BIRTHDAY TODAY MAY 1st


Posted by PicasaMay 1st 1942 I came into the world at 12:15 a.m on a Friday, weighing 7lbs 9 oz. I was born in Chehalis WA. my family was living in Vader WA a little tiny berg.  Dad and Mom moved there from the east coast to be near my Dad's mother.  My Dad bought a entire city block and moved into the best house in town.......well there were not many....laugh.  It was a cute house with big front windows and lots of wild roses a deep wide porch and pretty yards. My brother Jack was already 12 years old. My mother and my father were very gorgeous people. They looked like movie stars. When I was two we moved to Portland and then when four we moved to the farm at Goble where I lived until I was eighteen.
The photo above was taken on a typical weekend at our farm. My Dad's brothers would bring their families out. I had four boy cousins we were all born within a couple months of each other the same year. In this photo I am the little girl to the left of the photo standing between my aunt Lila and uncle Albert both seated on the ground. My father and mother are standing behind us and then my uncle Roy and wife Aliene and their two children Patty and Joey.
Sometimes all of my uncles, aunts and cousins would be there for the weekend. Dad had four brothers all living in Portland so at times it was a full house and barn full at our farm. My folks always had bunks set up in the big old barn usually for the men but sometimes the kids.
Good memories of a loving family that I will always cherish.

Back to the present. Today is a wonderful day in Eugene. We woke to bright sun and the sky is flawless today. After I finish this post I am going to get my to-d0's out of the way and go to the deck to set it up for our fun filled day. I am looking forward to those strawberry marg's as hubby makes them so special.
I need to make my chocolate pie this morning. The rubbed seasoned steaks have been hanging out in the fridge doing their thing since yesterday.

I am going now to write in my journal, my wishes, goals and plans for the coming year as well as my gratitude's. I do this every year as it centers me.

So off I go to enjoy my birthday day. I am so happy I am still alive and enjoying life! I have many things to be thankful for and I do so appreciate my life.


No comments:

Post a Comment