Monday, May 20, 2013

SOON TIME TO MAKE STRAWBERRY JAM


Posted by PicasaIt will soon be this time again. I did not make any jam last year as I still had stores. But this year I will make a batch of strawberry freezer jam. I have made mixed berry in the past and am just hungry for some sweet fruity strawberry especially over waffles...nummy.

So I read in the paper this morning that Taylor Swift cleaned up at the Billboard Music Awards....enough already. I have never understand the appeal of this moderately talented young woman when so many out there have huge talent and can actually sing live and sound good!

Now I would like to know what the hey is going on with the weather. We woke to bright sunny skies but a hour later all was cloudy and still is. I can look to west and there are clouds I do not see anything bright on the horizon. It was to be full sun today and 75 degree's I just read it in the paper.
So my day was going to be one of accomplishment this morning, weeding the last of the garden area, cleaning the deck, bills out and some laundry spinning.
And this afternoon I was going to slather myself with baby lotion and lay in my comfortable sling chair and sunbathe. I have not done this yet this year except for little moments here and there. Today was to be a good day to get some sun on this pale body. I was going to read and sip iced tea. So where is the sun?
Well I am optimist am I not? So I will believe that old hot sun will burn these clouds away and my afternoon will be lovely.

We are going to grill a flat iron steak tonight and have bakers with salad over the top. I just make a chopped salad of iceberg lettuce, tomatoes, onions and we open the potato and load on the salad and ladle on the blue cheese dressing and add some bacon crumbles. Very good.

Hubby is back to the grind today, however today is a small job so he will be home early afternoon. He has a lot on his agenda this week along with a full work schedule. That man of mine is a hard worker for sure.

I am going to make some apple granola muffins after tanning. I like something like that with my coffee in the morning now that the good chunky cookies are gone I am missing them.

Well I am going to follow though with my morning chores so if the weather blesses us this afternoon I will be ready for my lazy time in the sun.

I will leave you with this thought......my own.
If you cannot have a day with sun or laughter, you may as well have wine! 
Good idea don't you think?
Later.




No comments:

Post a Comment