Friday, May 17, 2013

I HAVE TO LAUGH!!!!


Posted by Picasawell I do have to laugh thinking about our new trailer we will hopefully buy this year. We could fit the new trailer in the kitchen of our most recent motor home. I loved this kitchen in this motor coach it was spacious with lots of counter space and cabinets.Now I will have a postage stamp countertop and I will be making panni's in the Griddler and heating soup on a small stove. But it will still be fun and besides we will eat out more often...good for me. Simple will be good.
This kitchen here that you see provided many a delish meal for many folks. No matter where we went and met up with family and friends the majority of the food came out of this coach! So good memories and fun times that will always linger in our minds but new times are coming....and new memories await.

Last night I was in the office shredding. We bought a new super-duty shredder not to long ago. I have two big bags to shred so I do a little every day. Our old shredder bit the dust a long time back so the paper has accumulated. Once I get through these bags I will keep up on it daily.

I went grocery shopping to a couple of markets yesterday as well as getting gas and a trip to the farms. It was raining quite steady and I liked it as my eyes feel better already. They are dry and sore but the itchiness is not nearly as bad. I am thinking it may all come to an end soon. Yes!!!
When I was at the farm the air was fresh with rains sweet smell. It just seemed to clear my head and nose. It was warm too and it was nice to wear a summer top,capris and sandals in the rain. For some reason I like that, maybe because it reminds me of being a little girl.

I bought fresh tomatoes, serrano and jalenpeno peppers, cilantro and limes for my hubby to make some salsa fresco.  He is hungry for some of that juicy fresh salsa. So I bought a big bag of our favorite corn chips to go with.

Saturday I am tossing a chuck beef roast in the slow cooker with red wine, balsamic vinegar, garlic, onions, diced celery and carrots, mushrooms and bouguet garni(made of bay leaf, parsley stems and thyme sprigs and other seasonings. My take on Beef Burgundy.  I like to serve this with mashed tator's so that rich sauce can be spooned over the potatoes. I will serve with a bread boule from Trader Joe's that will sop up extra sauce. I can hardly wait. This is so good served with a full bodied wine such as cab.

We are going to Chili's today for lunch have not been there forever it seems. They used to have really good southwest style burgers...Yum.




Well I had better make haste as the morning is running away. I have two bids to get out and the house to tidy and then get ready for my date of the handsome hubby....:)
   





No comments:

Post a Comment