Sunday, May 5, 2013

CHICKEN POMODORO

Tonight in Zo's Kitchen I will be serving up Chicken Pomodoro. This is one of our fave meals and it is quick and nice enough for company.

Chicken Pomodoro
2 boneless chicken breasts, cut in half and pounded into cutlets.
salt and pepper
all purpose flour
nonsitck spray
2 Tbsp. canola oil
1/4 cup vodka
1/2 cup chicken broth
2 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
1/2 cup chopped fresh tomatoes
2 Tbsp. heavy cream
1/3 cup sliced scallions

Season the cutlets with salt and pepper then dredge in flour. Coat a saute pan with nonstick spray and add oil and heat over med high.
Saute cutlets on both sides. Transfer cutlets to a platter, pour any fat from the pan.
Deglaze pan with vodka away from heat return to heat and cook until nearly evaporated.
Add broth and lemon juice. Return cutlets to pan and cook on each side about a minute until done. Stir in cream and tomatoes heat through. Serve cutlets with sauce ladled over and sprinkle with scallions.

This recipe is so good and rice is the perfect accompaniment  Put any remaining sauce over your serving of rice......yummy, do try it and enjoy.

What a wonderful Sunday!!! A perfect day. There may be a breeze later but right not a stir. I was out early this morning to tidy the deck and water flowers. I did some touch up spray painting on the birdhouses and old milk can. I have planned on doing this little chore for several days now but the wind has been up, not conducive to painting.

The house is now tidy and the day calls to me. Hubby was off early this morning as he is running behind now because of that power outage yesterday. If he can manage a couple long days he may have a short day Wednesday. If so we plan on going out to lunch.
There will be no fishing trip Thursday now as he has picked up another job in that time frame. As we always say work comes first and when it is busy we must make the most of it as there are times that are dreadfully slow. We will get that little boat in the water at some point.

I am missing my husbands company today. Sunday's I like to do nothing much but we have fun cooking, playing games etc. But today will be one of my choice entirely.

There is a small triangular space at the corner of our back lawn and in that space is pea gravel and colored glass stones and shells from the beach. I must remove all but the pea gravel and clean out the dead leaves and wash the glass stones and shells and replace them. So I will do that little project today.

The coming week is to be a little cooler but still lovely for May. Actually it was too hot last night in the house. I did not want to run the air conditioner though it  probably would have helped my itchy eyes.  But I dislike starting the air any sooner than need be.
This morning hubby opened the doors to get the night air into the house and I still have the blinds closed to the sunny windows. We have four ceiling fans in this house and I have them all a whirring. That will help some.

I will go now and enjoy my Sunday and make the most of a  day of my life. I am so fortunate to be healthy and live a good life with a husband that adores me and family and friends that love me and I must remember to always be grateful and be happy in my life.


No comments:

Post a Comment