Tuesday, May 28, 2013

FINALLY


Posted by PicasaYes finally I am preparing for a visit with my brother at Silver Lake. This will be the third time I have attempted to make this little trip. I am leaving early this coming Sunday morning and will return home on Wednesday. My hubby will be staying home as his work load is heavy. It always seems strange to me how we miss each other even when we are apart a few days. We are so bound, two parts making a whole.
The weather is to be pleasant high sixties when I arrive then into the seventies. No rain or even showers.
My brother and I talked yesterday and he is looking so forward to my visit. I know he must get very lonesome as he lives his life alone. So we have our little outings planned and I will cook for him and we will have campfire at night and I will roast a weenie(love having hot dogs cooked in the campfire.) The frogs and crickets will be singing as they always do and I cannot wait to see the inky black sky crusted with stars.

Well I was out the door early this morning. First a couple of business errands and then to Ross to pick up a few things. Then made stops at Walmart and TJ Max. I was happy to get back home as always. I get bored so easy shopping.....a chore it seems.

It is mostly a gray day here but areas of blue break out every so often. It is not a bad day over all and quite mild.

My eyes are much better but really I think the allergy meds have kicked in as I have been on them for several days faithfully now. The pollen count is still moderate. I will say feels wonderful not be scratching at my eyes but I do feel rather lethargic which I do not like. Even when they say the pills are non-drowsy I feel they are.

Simple food tonight. A large green salad with left over rib steak slices topping it and a sturdy loaf of artisan bread hot and chewy.
Tomorrow I am making smothered chicken and rice.

It is so green out it almost makes me dizzy! Every window in our home looks out to some kind of green foliage or trees. We are encased in a lush vibrant oasis. Every spring I am just submerged in the depth of it all. I would suppose that is because I lived many years in central Oregon where brown is the primary color of spring.

Oh the chores of a house woman are never done or so it seems. The dishwasher needs unloading and the kitchen floor needs a quick mopping so best to get at it. I will have a couple of hours before my husband walks through the door to pursue my own pleasures. I am in the mood to tinkle the ivory a little this afternoon and I need to do my nails. Bought some pretty new polish. Fun.
So off I go. 










No comments:

Post a Comment