Friday, May 17, 2013

Chili's' restaurant review Eugene OR.

We went to Chili's in Eugene at Valley River Center this afternoon.

Here is what I think.
The waitress was new. Did not know the draft beer on tap or had no answers for the questions my hubby asked regarding the beer but that is ok we are all new at some point in our jobs.

We had a free appetizer a queso dip and salsa and chips which was good. I had signed up online for this freebie.

They brought my wine a glass of Woodbridge chardonnay house wine....such a small glass and barely four ounces of mediocre wine it was shallow at $6.00 dollars a glass.The smallest serving I have seen anywhere in this city.
Then the entree's came. A half rack of baby back ribs for hubby which he said were just OK. For me a bacon burger with swiss cheese.  Everything was fine but the burger itself was over cooked it was dry and had no flavor whatsoever. I had to dip my burger bites into the leftover queso dip to get some moisture so I could swallow it. The french fries were frozen just like we make at home but we like ours better.
So as always a so so nothing meal.
We will not go back.
So I am saying this again. Chain eateries are really not good food in most instances but acceptable if you do not know how to cook and are satisfied easily.
We know where we need to go to eat in this city a few little establishments that put out decent food. Every time we try somewhere different we are totally disappointed.
So no more Chili's for us. Oh yeah and hubbies micro beers were the most expensive in this city! Well I guess they have to compensate for the free appetizer.
Go figure.......no more, it is what it is, so they say. Next time out back to old tired and true places. At least we know the chow is good and drinks are not a rip off!


No comments:

Post a Comment