Monday, May 13, 2013

OATMEAL CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES WITH NUTS AND DRIED CHERRIES



Posted by PicasaFinally the cookies are made and plenty have disappeared from the cookie container.
I so love these hearty cookies so does my husband they are more like a granola cookie in chunkiness and texture.
Here is the recipe. 

1 cup butter softened( 2 sticks )
1 1/4 cups firmly packed brown sugar
1/2 cup granulated sugar
2 eggs
2 Tbls. milk
2 teas vanilla
1 3/4 cups all purpose flour
1 teas baking soda
1/2 teas salt
2 1/2 cups quick or old fashioned oats uncooked
one 12 ounce package of toll house semi-sweet morsels
1 cup coarsley chopped nuts
1 cup dried cherries, raisins or crasins.
Heat oven to 375 degrees
Beat butter and sugars until creamy. Add eggs, milk and vanilla and beat well.
Add flour, baking soda and salt and mix well.
Stir in oats, chocolate morsels, nuts and dried fruit mix well.
Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheet. Bake 9-10 for a chewy cookie(I make mine this way) or 12-13 minutes for a hard cookie.
Cool one minute on cookie sheet and remove to wire rack to cool completely then store. 

Note. I cut this recipe in half and it still made three dozen cookies.
I store mine in a plastic container with a snap tight lid they stay chewy this way. I like to use dried cherries. Also I make skimp tablespoonfuls of dough as I like the cookie a little smaller as they are so dense. Last but certainly not least I love to bake cookies on a silpat(silicone sheet) you never use grease and cookies come out perfectly shaped and always evenly baked.
So try and enjoy these gems.

Well my morning has buzzed by quickly. My brother in law spent the night here last night. We all got up early and I fixed hubby and his brother Louis breakfast sandwiches. Hubby went on his way to the job site and Louis and I had more coffee and visited for about an hour or so. It was nice as we have not chatted for a while.

Then I started laundry and I had office items to attend to. So the day is rolling along.
The air is certainly cooler today and it rained during the night. The sun is now making a appearance as the clouds depart. So I may be able to get at a few weeds this afternoon if I choose to do so. Pulling weeds is a hateful job for me. I think the reason being is I have an issue with my back and bending over certainly cranks up the hurt. And really do I need to be outdoors with my eyes still reacting to the tree pollen? See there is always an excuse not to pull weeds. Right?

Tonight in our kitchen I am making parmesan crusted baked pork chops with tangy mustard sauce, roasted cauliflower and rice with tomatoes and scallions. As I mentioned before it is simple meals this week as I am working on using some of my freezer stores.

I must go as the dryer is making that obnoxious noise which in code means "get up off your butt and come and shut me off".
Must go.









No comments:

Post a Comment